MSC New Drink Package and YC

marcoigna

good day - there has been alot of chatting going on with MSC's new drink packages - now called - "Easy" - "Premium" - "Premium Plus" -

- does anyone know which package is applicable to YC Passengers now

- The Premium clearly states that cocktails upto $12.00

- However the Premium "Plus" does not list a $ amount.

any in site would be great

I think lots of people want to clarify this situation, but not sure anyone has been able to find out for sure yet, other than annacodotal evidence that “YC are affected”.  I can’t see that however as I’m sure gelato for example is going to just be for YC

Some of good questions need to be addressed.  For previously paid in full YC bookings is the Deluxe drink package still in effect which would include gelato.  I would hope Premium Plus would be the new standard for YC.

Sadly it appears that no thought has gone into this issue at all for either passengers or staff who are having to deal with what appears to be a total mess. The current hard copy brochure shows the previous cost of drink packages, anyone booking from one will be thinking those are still the prices to be paid! This is a problem with putting out brochure too far in advance and then hiking prices mid season. Once again the Left Hand does not know what the Right hand is doing.

11 hours ago, cyndyga said:

I really think it should be the premium plus that is included otherwise it is skimpy for the cruise price paid. Only the premium plus includes the minibar from what I read.

I agree, and believe it will be premium plus, finding it difficult to conceive that YC would be anything other than the top package available! Have noticed in recent times that YC has been creeping up in price, so this may be part of the reason for that.

The only info I seem to be missing, though even that which has been acquired is potentially still not 100%, is on Seaside/Seaview will Venchi items be included within Premium Plus. Not gelato evidently, but drinks & that rather tasty coffee with three chocs offering! :classic_ninja:

Frank ... I would be surprised if MSC have even thought that far ahead!

Also giving the Aurea the Easy package is a downgrade because there will be few if any cocktails on it at $6 seeing as the previous was $6.95, same goes in Euros.

Edited by sidari

Oh indeed, it all seems to be going down & backwards over up & forwards!

You know its not the price hike, all business models increase price or they would fall behind the market & why is cruising anything other than a progressive business.

It is the removal of these little treats for me ….OK I'm to old & fat to be chucking milkshakes & gelato down, but hey I would like to make that choice, which I know I still can, just by paying extra for it & I possibly will give in to temptation. But why when you are handing over in GBP around £357 per person on 7-nights and £561 on my next trip in April, that's £1122 without children's versions, surely a couple of milkshakes, a few gelatos & a sundae can't ruin the business!

Petty I know but equally first time on Seaview I wanted the full Venchi experience.

Is greed one of the deadly sins or can I forgive myself!

Yesterday I rebooked two existing bookings (a 2019 and 2020 placeholder cruise) as the late summer 2020 bookings for Europe opened up. Both bookings are YC2. There is no difference in the wording of the room service and beverage package fine print. The beverage 'privilege' references the unlimited service in YC venues and unlimited around the ship per the venues offerings. So I do not expect that we will see any difference in YC service.

Dennis

29 minutes ago, Capricruiser said:

I don't particularly care one way or another because we don't drink very much and all the Venchi chocolates we may want are free for the picking in the Top Sail lounge.  We'll be boarding the Seaview on Sunday so I'll check it out and post what I find.

That would be great ….Thank you

Two people I know are on Seaview right now but I doubt their cruise or the next 3 or 4 will notice any difference because the new packages were only brought in for bookings made from yesterday!

Edited by sidari

Male, I don't know him as such but he'd posted on an MSC Facebook page he'd just boarded. I thought it might alleviate our fears of them not honoring existing packages if he's had no issues. You'll know if it's changed when I board on Wednesday as you'll hear me crying or shouting if I've no Champagne, milkshake or the mini bar 😂

1 hour ago, sidari said:

No champagne in the Deluxe package.

Assuming you are referencing the previous Deluxe package, rather then the new Premium package, it did include one variant of Champagne by the glass called Nicolas Fellici or something like that.

• Unlimited drinks with our Premium Plus drink package
  • Dedicated priority check-in and check-out
  • Butler service available 24-hours
  • Dedicated concierge 24-hours
  • Room service available 24-hours
  • Complimentary access to the Thermal Area in the MSC Aurea Spa
  • Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe and slippers)
  • Most rewarding experience for MSC Voyagers Club points

10 minutes ago, kittinfeld1966 said:
  • Unlimited drinks with our Premium Plus drink package

Is that from the USA website? The UK website, as far as I can see, still has the old wording as follows:

Unlimited drinks in all MSC Yacht Club areas including the mini bar in your suite
Complimentary beverage in all onboard bars and restaurants, according to the selection available in each venue

So, it looks like the UK website has not yet caught up!