Staying at Marriott Camden Yard in Baltimore

Loyal Buckeye

22 minutes ago, Loyal Buckeye said:

We are staying at the Marriott Camden Yard pre-cruise in January. I would like to walk to the Poe museum in the evening but am wondering if it would be safe to do so? Thank you.

The Edgar Allen Poe Museum is open Thursday thru Sunday 11am to 4 pm. I would not recommend walking to museum as the area past the hotel may not be safe.

22 hours ago, Tony O said:

The Edgar Allen Poe Museum is open Thursday thru Sunday 11am to 4 pm. I would not recommend walking to museum as the area past the hotel may not be safe.

Thank you Tony O. So are you saying that even if we went earlier in the day such as around noon or 1:00 it would not be a safe walk

Edited by Loyal Buckeye

58 minutes ago, Loyal Buckeye said:

Thank you Tony O. So are you saying that even if we went earlier in the day such as around noon or 1:00 it would not be a safe walk

The choice is obviously but my option is to use Uber or Lyft.

No I would not feel comfortable walking.

Thank you to everyone for your advice. I totally understand. I live in Columbus OH and sadly there are areas close to the downtown area that I would not advise people to walk in either. I suppose that is true of most large cities. I guess we will make a decision when we get there. In the meantime, I am getting in gear by memorizing Poe's most famous poem; The Raven. I am up to the second verse. I don't think I will have it all memorized by the time we leave in January haha. It is a great poem though.

Then take a taxi to Fells Point and go to The Horse You Came In On, said to have been the last place Poe was seen alive.  Has been a bar since 1775.  I have walked from Fells Point to the Inner Harbor at night with my wife and child, but I grew up there and know the area.  Better to just take a taxi or Uber and not worry or put yourself in a situation by taking a wrong turn.

I wouldn't count on the water taxi. I think their limited winter schedule went into effect weeks ago. I live in Fells Point and can see the water taxi routes out my front window. They haven't been running at all, only the Harbor Connector, which is a free commuter service M-F and doesn't service a route convenient for the OP. Uber, Lyft or a taxi are better options.