Recommendations for Cuban Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale

JoePDX

Going to be spending one night in FLL prior to boarding a transatlantic cruise.   Husband loves good Cuban food (doesn't have to be fancy, but we do want table service).

Google search points me to Padrino's on Federal Highway.   Is that a good option?

Other recommendations?    We will not have a car, so something relatively close to Port Everglades would be preferred.

Thanks!

Edited by JoePDX

Don't worry, Cuban food isn't fancy and is generally very reasonably priced.

I like Nuevos Cubanos on Andrews but it is a walk up window only.  Best Cafe con leche in town.

We also like Las Vegas off Oakland but that will be a pretty far cab ride.  Las Colinas is excellent in Wilton Manors and is closer to downtown.   Very authentic (however there isn't inauthentic Cuban in South Florida) however chances are good your server doesn't speak English.

• Thanks 1

Padrinos is a local chain.  You can't go wrong with it.  As BlueHerons said, all of the Cuban restaurants are basically authentic as Cuban food is quite simple.  So really, any Cuban restaurant will probably work for you so just go with something close.

I would suggest Padrinos as my pick for where you are and what you are looking for.  It's a nice restaurant and no surprises.

Edited by BNBR
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, brunello22 said:

Not a lover of Cuban food, so we usually recommend El Guanaco for Salvadoran food (with some Mexican influence) in Oakland Park.  Hole in the wall loved by us locals, and so delicious!

https://www.elguanacooaklandpark.com/

Menu looks amazing.   Will save that for next time we are in FLL.   Thanks for the tip!

Joe

On 11/13/2018 at 1:35 PM, BlueHerons said:

We also like Las Vegas off Oakland but that will be a pretty far cab ride. 

I moved from the area 10 years ago, but I used to LOVE Las Vegas. Just the smell of that place.. OMG. I miss it a whole lot...

We used to have catered at work all the time, and it was such a treat!