MSC leaving a bad taste

mvh

I haven't even sailed with them yet and I am already regretting it. I am afraid to ever book with them again.  I feel they bait you in with great deals and then they take them away.  I'm sure I will end up getting what I originally paid for, but they just make things way too complicated with all their changes and the so called experiences.  Now that they took away the drink vouchers, one would have to order room service 20 times to make it worth the upgrade.  Sure, they say you get a better location on the ship, but that is totally subjective.  I do understand that all prices go up, but I believe they have been a little extreme with their drink packages. 

Room service is still available for Fantastica and upwards, what is not available is the food and drinks available from room service for those who book the new premium package which was included in the old Deluxe package.

If you booked under the Fantastica when they were giving you the coupon book you will still get that, I was told.  If you booked when it was taken away and replaced by Drinks on Us, then you have the opportunity to switch to a bella experience.

I personally do not see why the bad taste? I think it actually makes finding a category you are comfortable easier than on other lines. All other cruise lines have several categories for each type of cabin ..location of the ship :aft, mid-aft, mid, mid-forward and forward.  Then they change pricing for deck also.   I believe that MSC has greatly simplified this!  Its a shame to be embarking with such negativity.  Also, if you are not in penalty yet, why not change your cabin assignment if you feel that the Fantastica package is not worth the money. 

Edited by camofwilliamsburg

I can tell you that I am sailing with MSC in 25 days and I am nervous as all get out.  I really don't want to have a negative idea in my head prior to but with the headaches I've had already in having to call customer service 5 times in the last 2 months, it's proving difficult.  I guess we were spoiled with all of our previous cruises being extremely user and website friendly with not a single problem.  I am going to try my best to stay positive!

• Like 1

When I booked my cruise for last Jan. on Seaside I had great customer service, probably because I dealt with the same agent each time.When I got on the ship is when things got bad. If you have any problems, be prepared to basically be called a liar by Guest Services. I found that they do what they choose to, not what you are led to believe. Have never had problems on any cruise line like I had on that cruise. Good Luck

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mvh said:

I haven't even sailed with them yet and I am already regretting it. I am afraid to ever book with them again.   

Then you should cancel your cruise and move on. Life is too short to regret things, and be afraid.. Its a bunch other cruise lines out there. 

I got my share of cruises on Royal, Celebrity, and NCL, and tried out MSC for the first time last month. Didnt regret it, enjoyed it, and got two more upcoming cruises with MSC...

8 hours ago, cmukid87 said:

I can tell you that I am sailing with MSC in 25 days and I am nervous as all get out.  I really don't want to have a negative idea in my head prior to but with the headaches I've had already in having to call customer service 5 times in the last 2 months, it's proving difficult.  I guess we were spoiled with all of our previous cruises being extremely user and website friendly with not a single problem.  I am going to try my best to stay positive!

Interesting.  We have been on far more then 100 cruises with 14 cruise lines (MSC will be the 15th).  In over forty years of extensive cruising we have only called a cruise line's customer service folks 1 time!  And that is with more then 1000 days on cruises.  I cannot imagine calling customer service 5 times in 2 months :).  

Take a deep breath and relax.  You have already booked and paid for your cruise.  Just go with the flow and enjoy.  Working yourself into a frenzy or needing Xanax to make it to the ship does not serve a useful purpose.  We are on MSC later this month and also have lots of questions/doubts.  But that just makes the cruise more of an adventure :).  Our questions will likely be resolved once aboard.  Calling MSC at this point would not resolve much.  And our experience is that the folks who deal with customers on the phone (at any cruise line) are generally the last to have the correct information.

Hank

• Like 1

While it definitely has me reconsidering who to book our next cruise with (I cruise for deals and itinerary and if another line offers similar for cheaper that's what I'm going with). They are doing what other lines I've been on have done in the past also. There's often initially a huge lack of info but hopefully it gets more clear in the next couple of days. 

15 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Take a deep breath and relax.  You have already booked and paid for your cruise.  Just go with the flow and enjoy.  Working yourself into a frenzy or needing Xanax to make it to the ship does not serve a useful purpose.  We are on MSC later this month and also have lots of questions/doubts.  But that just makes the cruise more of an adventure :).  Our questions will likely be resolved once aboard.  Calling MSC at this point would not resolve much.  And our experience is that the folks who deal with customers on the phone (at any cruise line) are generally the last to have the correct information.

Well said Hank.  I couldn't agree more.  15 days and DW and I will be back on the lovely Divina for a B2B, in the YC of course and we can't wait.

Hope you have a great cruise...............