Club Continent Suites on Azamara

stevenr597

My wife and I are used to booking min-suites. The Club Continent Suites on Azamara seem to be fairly similar to mini-suites on lines such as Princess.  We did notice that the Club Continent Suites  are all on deck 8 which is just below the pool, sundeck, and buffet.  We were wondering if any of the suites would be better than others in regards to notice from deck chairs and activities on deck 9. 

Edited by stevenr597
Font color

1 hour ago, stevenr597 said:

My wife and I are used to booking min-suites. The Club Continent Suites on Azamara seem to be fairly similar to mini-suites on lines such as Princess.  We did notice that the Club Continent Suites  are all on deck 8 which is just below the pool, sundeck, and buffet.  We were wondering if any of the suites would be better than others in regards to notice from deck chairs and activities on deck 9. 

Never had a noise issue with N2 suites under the buffet.  Portside N2 suites have walk-in showers; starboards have. tub/showers.

Currently onboard Pursuit yes there is a noise issue on the suites under the pool grill and the kitchens. Every morning from around 6 there are carts trundling back and forward. I know one guest is sleeping in another vacant cabin because of noise issues. 

I think it depends how atuned your hearing is whether you notice it or not 

So rather than comment on the OP's choice of font, I will try to answer the question. (Don't want to get labeled as a bunch of old fogey curmudgeons:))We were in 8056 last year. It was pretty quiet, although there were footsteps (someone in high heels, I thought!) pretty early in the morning. Otherwise, it was a very nice location. You might want to check the stateroom sticky at the top of the page. It has always been very helpful to me.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, martiniking said:

I like that font!

It's not italics. It's Comic Sans MS.

It doesn't look anything like what you see on some people's displays (especially phones).  IMHO it is better to be distinctive by the great info you add to Cruise Critic, rather than the weird font or color you post in...

• Like 2

As regards the deck 8 suite location, pick carefully.  Some are noisier than others.  I've had a few and some are better than others.  Look at the thread sticky at the top on this board.

As regards the font, I agree with Floiris.  It's awful.  I've seen it used recently on another board and it is very difficult to read and for that reason the posts are probably ignored by a lot of people.  I don't say this as a criticism, but rather trying to be helpful.  

Phil

• Like 2

We were in 8039 on the Quest in October nice cabin with a good size shower but had some morning noise from above but that wouldn’t stop me from booking this again. With regards to comparing it to the mini suite on Princess admittedly we have only had one on a couple of the older ships but to my mind they were no better than a standard balcony cabin on Celebrity so the club continent suite on Azamara would definately be superior.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:43 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

As regards the deck 8 suite location, pick carefully.  Some are noisier than others.  I've had a few and some are better than others.  Look at the thread sticky at the top on this board.

As regards the font, I agree with Floiris.  It's awful.  I've seen it used recently on another board and it is very difficult to read and for that reason the posts are probably ignored by a lot of people.  I don't say this as a criticism, but rather trying to be helpful.  

Phil

It's a font used by many schools around here, locally, as it matches the font in the 'reading books' which support very young children learning to read. ...... Just saying.

We were in 8057 on Quest a couple of years back, and there was some noise.  We were right below the corner of the pool deck, starboard, that was used for barbeques and buffet layouts, for example for the White Nights.

It was a bit noisy, and I think some would be bothered, although we weren't bothered much by it.  Annoyed a bit, but it was minor.  Note that that side, starboard, have walk-in showers instead of tubs in the CC suites, at least I believe that's how it worked, but that could change.

It was a nice large space, although not particularly intelligently laid-out.  No walk-in closet, btw.

4 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Note that that side, starboard, have walk-in showers instead of tubs in the CC suites, at least I believe that's how it worked, but that could change.

Starboard N1 CC suites have showers.  Port N2 CC suites have showers.

On 11/28/2018 at 5:38 PM, Lookyboy said:

It's a font used by many schools around here, locally, as it matches the font in the 'reading books' which support very young children learning to read. ...... Just saying.

I’m sure if one is reading on a PC or laptop and in a larger font it would make a difference.  Plus for some unknown reason that font appears lighter on the screen.  The combination of a small font, script and lighter characters for those of us using phones or smaller tablets it is close to impossible to read.  

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 3

Currently on Quest in Club Continent suite 8073 which is the furthest aft on the starboard side.  Very little noise from above - - -none during the night.  Another advantage is neighboring cabin only on 1 side.

Nice cabin although would have preferred port side with a walk-in shower.

8 hours ago, veezee said:

Currently on Quest in Club Continent suite 8073 which is the furthest aft on the starboard side.  Very little noise from above - - -none during the night.  Another advantage is neighboring cabin only on 1 side.

Nice cabin although would have preferred port side with a walk-in shower.

On Pursuit, our walk-in shower was on the starboard side. Just something to be aware of for next time. 

• 4 months later...

I was in 8049 on Pursuit, love the location, the size. We heard twice some chairs scraping  and not for long and around 17:00. Will be happy to cruise in the same cabin’

We were in the last aft N2 starboard side on Quest in 2017. Apart from those high heels that another poster mentioned, we heard little noise from above. We had a midships portside on Journey years ago and that drove me mad - it was right under the big comfy chairs on the pool deck and it seemed like somebody was moving it around all the time. Plus on a few nights we could hear activity around the pool. I suppose we should have thrown on some clothes and gone to join the party, lol.

For our last two Azamara voyages, both on Journey, we have been in the last N2 cabins on both starboard and port sides of the ship (8073 and 8070, right underneath Windows) and have never had a problem with noise.

Edited by biggersn