Sea Princess in Port Moresby today 14 Nov

That really surprises me. I have never seen a Princess cruise itinerary which included Port Moresby. I lived there many years ago and would love to take a cruise which included PM. I have done the Princess PNG cruise but that did not include PM.

The second post said that all three ships are in PM as accommodation for the APEC meeting.

I don't know if they are using the ships for security reasons, or because politicians have grabbed all the good hotels and the plebs have to go somewhere.

I like PNG and I've cruised PNG, but I would never join a cruise that stopped at PM.

I'm not that adventurous.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

Pardon me raving on about this. It is all a bit of a mystery. According to another website which shows the current itinerary, and the current position Sea Princess is in/near Vanuatu so I cannot understand the Princess webcam. I can't help feeling there is a mistake somewhere.

7 minutes ago, joybook said:

Pardon me raving on about this. It is all a bit of a mystery. According to another website which shows the current itinerary, and the current position Sea Princess is in/near Vanuatu so I cannot understand the Princess webcam. I can't help feeling there is a mistake somewhere.

The Marine Traffic website is showing Sea Princess in Port Moresby since about 6 am this morning.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

The advance itinerary for the Sea Princess that I found on line showed the ship leaving Sydney on 10th November on a cruise to Vanuatu, returning to Sydney, then on to Brisbane on 25th November. We have booked a three night cruise out of Brisbane on 22nd November that is not shown on this advance itinerary. I wonder if the Vanuatu cruise was cancelled and the ship chartered to use as accommodation in Port Moresby. As others have said, cruises have not previously called into Port Moresby. To fill in the time before the next scheduled cruise (to NZ on 25th November) Princess has slotted in a 3 night cruise to nowhere out of Brisbane. The prices were exceptionally good.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Three ships up in Moresby re APEC,  Good business for Carnival Corporation.   Mostly accom for journalists I think.

Yes. They have had a big knees up in Singapore then on to Port Moresby for the weekend to solve the worlds problems. 

Wonder if they have the onions on the bottom or top?

Yes - the Bunnings issue really is a 1st world problem isn't it? I'm sure there are many people in the world who would be happy just to have a sausage or some onion without having to worry about which to put on top.

11 minutes ago, joybook said:

Yes - the Bunnings issue really is a 1st world problem isn't it? I'm sure there are many people in the world who would be happy just to have a sausage or some onion without having to worry about which to put on top.

And if they slip over on some onions and break their coccyx, they'd be the first to sue Bunnings.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, NSWP said:

Three ships up in Moresby re APEC,  Good business for Carnival Corporation.   Mostly accom for journalists I think.

They need to sleep somewhere I suppose. There is not that much good safe accommodation in PM