ISP whale watching

Missymssy

Like Bubbs33 said,  both Glacier Winds and Hoonah Whale Tours get great review.  I went out with Hoonah Whale Tours this summer with a party of 3.  They will both try to fill their boats so you may still have others in the boat with you. However their boats only hold 6 passengers so no crowding.

We're booked with Glacier Winds for a May '19. Both Teresa and Shawn McConnell are great folks to work with. You might want to check out Shawn's two books, Night Vision and Icy Passage. Night Vision is a good thriller that I could not put down. They both went to college in Seattle and hints of where they grew up are in the book.

I struck out with every single supplier in ISP for the day we were there 😞 Either it was too late in the season or they didn't book with our cruise line (Seabourn) or we didn't meet the minimum. 

So that makes TWO Alaska cruises where I haven't been able to go on a whale watching tour. I mean, I saw whales, thank goodness, but still. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 10:51 AM, Missymssy said:

Thanks all! I just booked with Icy Straight Whale Adventures. Hopefully it's good. Lol, yes, hoyahill, I was having no luck at all. 

We are booked with the same company. We were able to get a 20% Black Friday discount. We are also doing their bear search excursion afterwards. Looking forward to it! 

On 11/19/2018 at 10:39 AM, masterdrago said:

We're booked with Glacier Winds for a May '19. Both Teresa and Shawn McConnell are great folks to work with. You might want to check out Shawn's two books, Night Vision and Icy Passage. Night Vision is a good thriller that I could not put down. They both went to college in Seattle and hints of where they grew up are in the book.

We are also booked with Glacier Winds for a May trip. And I agree Teresa has been great so far.

Hoonah Whale Tours was an awesome experience they are good buddies with the folks at Glacier Winds and kept in contact with them during our tour they all helped each other with whale spotting, but I think they only run until mid August.  Hoonah Whale Tours only take out 6passengers but the day we went as a party of 3, they were unable to fill the boat so we had it all to ourselves.  I would go out with them again in a heartbeat.  We actually had a whale dive right under our boat and saw several breaches.