Other beaches besides Grand Anse?

sofietucker

We took a ship shorex that was awful--would not stop for snorkel due to visibility (actually, that happened on 2 diff cruises) and then dropped us at a shallow dirty beach rampant with vendors, no food, no loungers, no latrines. We don't want to go again on the champagne/lobster/cat that goes to the private mangrove-swamp beach/marina. We're looking for one of the "gorgeous beaches" promised by the exclusive Travel+Leisure mag this month! Where are they?? Grand Anse sounds hectic and again, latrines, and drama.  So there are apparently other beaches... Where are they? thx

Edited by sofietucker

On 11/13/2018 at 11:19 PM, sofietucker said:

We took a ship shorex that was awful--would not stop for snorkel due to visibility (actually, that happened on 2 diff cruises) and then dropped us at a shallow dirty beach rampant with vendors, no food, no loungers, no latrines. We don't want to go again on the champagne/lobster/cat that goes to the private mangrove-swamp beach/marina. We're looking for one of the "gorgeous beaches" promised by the exclusive Travel+Leisure mag this month! Where are they?? Grand Anse sounds hectic and again, latrines, and drama.  So there are apparently other beaches... Where are they? thx

Grand Anse is a 2 mile long beach - why stay with the crowds. Walk south for 5 minutes and you get hardly any people, beach loungers, bars and fewer vendors.

BBC Beach is where some of the rumrunner booze cruise drop but if you had no visibility at the snorkel site it probably means it was rough which means BBC would be rough too. Its still very pretty though.

You could go even further south in a taxi and visit Magazine Beach, or Pink Gin Beach or further afield to La Sagesse on the South of the island.

Latrines? Sounds very war zone 🙂 Do you mean bathrooms with toilets? If you buy a drink in the bars on the beach they will let you use their bathrooms.

beach.png

bbc beach.png

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2018 at 7:39 AM, IslandStar said:

Grand Anse is a 2 mile long beach - why stay with the crowds. Walk south for 5 minutes and you get hardly any people, beach loungers, bars and fewer vendors.

Islandstar

If we take taxi from cruise port to Grand Anse beach where would we tell driver to let us off so we could be on the section of Grand Anse that you suggest that would have loungers food & drink and restroom facilities

4 hours ago, wingnut2005 said:

Islandstar

If we take taxi from cruise port to Grand Anse beach where would we tell driver to let us off so we could be on the section of Grand Anse that you suggest that would have loungers food & drink and restroom facilities

I would suggest Umbrellas as it is further from the crowds of cruise folk. There is usually a guy renting loungers right out front of Umbrellas. Another option is to ask to go to BBC Beach and depending on the day (monday is often closed) Le Plywood does amazing food and the beach is super quiet until the Rum Runner  booze cruise from the cruise ship arrives. Its usually on there an hour though so shouldn't be too bad. Hope you have a wonderful visit.

5 hours ago, IslandStar said:

I would suggest Umbrellas as it is further from the crowds of cruise folk. There is usually a guy renting loungers right out front of Umbrellas. Another option is to ask to go to BBC Beach and depending on the day (monday is often closed) Le Plywood does amazing food and the beach is super quiet until the Rum Runner  booze cruise from the cruise ship arrives. Its usually on there an hour though so shouldn't be too bad. Hope you have a wonderful visit.

If you must do GA, then another vote for Umberellas

Great good, and a great welcome and service with a smil, plus fantastic views from the rooftop dining, also very generous with Rum pours.

• 4 months later...

I am so confused about this post saying Grand Anse beach was dirty, loaded with vendors, no bathrooms or chairs. 

When we were there it was absolutely gorgeous and had all of these things and absolutely no one bothered us. 

P4061921%20copy-M.jpg

P4061923%20copy-M.jpg

P4061925%20copy-M.jpg

P4062083%20copy-M.jpg

I always said if I went back I would definitely go back here. What am I missing? This place looked like something out of a magazine to me. 😕

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

I am so confused about this post saying Grand Anse beach was dirty, loaded with vendors, no bathrooms or chairs. 

When we were there it was absolutely gorgeous and had all of these things and absolutely no one bothered us. 

P4061921%20copy-M.jpg

P4061923%20copy-M.jpg

P4061925%20copy-M.jpg

P4062083%20copy-M.jpg

I always said if I went back I would definitely go back here. What am I missing? This place looked like something out of a magazine to me. 😕

As previously posted 

Forget the T'erds on GA [aka Babylon] and head further south (over the hill) for a better experience of beautiful Grenada and it's wonderful people.  Your journey would be appreciated and business valued.

Realisticly, by the time you have walked though the cruise terminal precinct, Qd for the water taxi, transported to GA, walked far south to find a quiet spot (little or no chance) while being constantly hassled by chair renters and vendors, you will could have actually arrived at MRouge in comfort and style, and be selecting your own quiet spot.  Decisions, decisions?

And no T'erds.

Another consideration, why do some Cruisers think the area of sea around the jetty on GA could be Granada's largest public urinal?

Hence the T'erds mantra of "just going for a swim" takes on a whole new meaning, when you replace the word "Swim" with another. 😱

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive text

• 2 months later...
On 6/24/2019 at 3:56 PM, mitsugirly said:

P4061921%20copy-M.jpg

P4061923%20copy-M.jpg

P4061925%20copy-M.jpg

P4062083%20copy-M.jpg

Can you please tell me what the name of this bar on GA this is.  If you remember, how much was the taxi there and how far from the ship pier?

On 9/3/2019 at 4:49 AM, fedexretiree said:

Can you please tell me what the name of this bar on GA this is.  If you remember, how much was the taxi there and how far from the ship pier?

Sorry, I can't help with that. We got on a boat at the pier and came over (we went scuba diving and just hung out on the beach before and after the dive) so they provided the transportation. We only bought pop while we was there and didn't eat anywhere. Hopefully someone else can answer you.