Your favorite food On Princess

josephml1

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:20 PM, jagsfan said:

Well, you slice a round loaf of Italian bread in half and pile on olive salad, smoked ham, Genoa salami and provolone cheese. 

Olive salad is not gardiniera. It’s very finely chopped. You can get it online. 

No mayo, mustard, salt and pepper. Nothing but those ingredients. 

Then you cut it into four wedges. 

Pay no attention to the people who add to or subtract from the muffuletta.  

They’re like Emeril putting garlic on a lobster roll! 

Central Grocery in Decatur St in New Orleans originated it, and I read about it in a review back in the 70’s before my first visit to New Orleans. The review talked about the raunchy, stinky, but delicious sandwich. So I had to try it. 

You can buy it whole, or just a half. A half is more than I can eat. 

It’s a standout in a city full of wonderful food and places to find it. 

We used to drive from Biloxi to grab 2 or 3 whole muffuleta's from Central Grocery...they would be lunch for the week!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If I can only pick one...Fresh French Fries from the Trident Grill, ask for extra crispy!  I then mix a little mayo and ketchup for dipping.  Best snack!  

They are still good after they sit awhile but if eaten soon after frying they are so great!

The rest of the ships Fries are ok...but the super fresh ones from the Trident are my favorite.

Other favorites: escargot, that lava cake with chocolate ice cream from the Crown Grill, Soft poached egg over potatoes with Hollandaise sauce on Sabatini’s breakfast menu, Grand marnier soufflé....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TodayIsAGoodDayForACruise said:

If I can only pick one...Fresh French Fries from the Trident Grill, ask for extra crispy!  I then mix a little mayo and ketchup for dipping.  Best snack!  

They are still good after they sit awhile but if eaten soon after frying they are so great!

The rest of the ships Fries are ok...but the super fresh ones from the Trident are my favorite.

Other favorites: escargot, that lava cake with chocolate ice cream from the Crown Grill, Soft poached egg over potatoes with Hollandaise sauce on Sabatini’s breakfast menu, Grand marnier soufflé....

I love all of those too, except the escargot. 

On 11/20/2018 at 10:49 AM, Nee Nee and Biddy said:

I love the goat cheese soufflé! I also really enjoyed these little chicken morsels we got on the Regal but I’m not sure what they were called. Anyone know? Looking forward to having more in December! 

195C87C4-5674-4594-A0DC-DC6DAD660DDA.jpeg

Is it the sesame chicken bites? The sauce looks different than mine...

EB439088-14F6-483F-A676-7C03536BD4FB.jpeg

17 hours ago, Wren_dc said:

#2.  Stollen on cruises over the holidays

On my New Year's cruise on Royal Princess, Stollen was available in the Horizon Court during breakfast.  It was delicious.  All of the breads, rolls, etc. that I ate on Royal were delicious.

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

On my New Year's cruise on Royal Princess, Stollen was available in the Horizon Court during breakfast.  It was delicious.  All of the breads, rolls, etc. that I ate on Royal were delicious.

I love that they bake all of their breads and desserts onboard. (Found that out on the Ultimate Ship Tour)

:)

51 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Crème Brulee.  I have it every night in the MDR.  Celiac friendly.

I don't have any sort of "need" for that dish but I do tend to have it a lot. It's my "go to" desert. I don't always have it but I do have it more than any other desert. I freaking love that stuff.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:28 AM, stoneharborlady said:

The Beef Medallions.  Not the used to be always available, though I liked them too.  I mean the ones on the regular menu.

Also the Creme Brulee.

I agree with both.  The medallions are available at lunch in the MDR on embarkation day.

• Like 1

For my wife, the Fettucine Alfredo in the MDR. I think she had it every night.

I liked just about anything in the MDR so it's hard to pick a favorite. At the International Cafe, the steak and something (mushroom?) pie, Basically a steak and kidney pie without the kidney and being of English extraction, I love those.

23 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Stollen, really? That makes me really want a Christmas cruise. 

7 hours ago, MaineCruiser243 said:

For my wife, the Fettucine Alfredo in the MDR. I think she had it every night.

I liked just about anything in the MDR so it's hard to pick a favorite. At the International Cafe, the steak and something (mushroom?) pie, Basically a steak and kidney pie without the kidney and being of English extraction, I love those.

I want kidneys in my steak and kidney pie. 

Leaving them out is like...um....putting lobster in a hot dog bun instead of a split top roll. 

Just not right!

On 11/24/2018 at 7:41 PM, rdsqrl said:

Since the Volcano is on the kid's menu and since kids are allowed to eat all meals, I'm guessing that it is available at lunch in the Dining Room, assuming the Dining Room is open for lunch on any given day.  Good luck!

My faves:

Goat Cheese Souffle

Eggplant Parmiagiana

Key Lime Pie

Gingerbread Souffle [seasonal]

And the Vitello Tonnato on the old Sabatini's menu. 

So bummed my next cruise is on a ship with the new yucky menu.  They should change the venue name from Sabatini's to 50 Shades of Artichoke.  Blech. 

Where can I find  the goat cheese souffle, I need that in my life.