Your favorite food On Princess

josephml1

32 minutes ago, Photofinish4 said:
34 minutes ago, Photofinish4 said:

I love them also did not post because then everyone will want them. Does anyone know if they have them on the Coral? There IC is very small and I read they have a limited supply of items.

I do, but won’t tell because then everyone will want to cruise on the Coral.   :classic_tongue:

King

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

That’s what we called it in Boston. A Banana Split.

Tony

6B75C186-6FE6-4EF3-9E2A-92CC19F430DD.jpeg

Don't they call it that everywhere?  I grew up in Boston area but have spent my adult life in Maryland.  I've never ordered a banana split so don't know if they have them here.

3 hours ago, dickinson said:

Don't they call it that everywhere?  I grew up in Boston area but have spent my adult life in Maryland.  I've never ordered a banana split so don't know if they have them here.

On Princess Cruises it’s called a Volcano. So I guess it’s not called a Banana split everywhere.

Tony

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2018 at 7:18 AM, greenie082756 said:

Curtis Stone's chicken pot pie. Sometimes its really good and sometimes it's just okay.

Yeah consistency is getting more inconsistent by the year.

Edited by GUT2407

On 11/16/2018 at 11:54 AM, curlybelle2 said:

My favorites are Alfredo fettuccine, pina colada soup and the tiramisu in little glass cups in the IC. I have a hard time stopping at one tiramisu!

Ooh, yes! I love those little tiramisus, and the Nutella donuts 🙂 

18 hours ago, dickinson said:

It is a banana split.

Sorry for the multiple posts...

SO,  Banana Splits are made with a banana that's Split open with 3 scoops of ice cream on top Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry...Then it is topped with chocolate sauce/fudge ,whipped creme, cherries and nuts and it is called a Banana Split...and it's pretty much called a banana Split everywhere. 

According to the photo posted here, The Volcano from Princess does not look like a traditional Banana Split so technically it's not a Banana Split, it is a Princess Volcano 😛 Bon Appetite 🙂

Edited by puggleperson
multiple posts

We are sailing Club Class for the first time on Crown Princess and have been taking advantage of the specials prepared in the dining room by the manager each evening.  So far our favorites have been Penne Arabiatta, Penne alaVodka with Salmon and the Spaghetti with olive oil, garlic and chili peppers.   I also enjoyed the Pot of Mussels in the Crown Grill.  

Salty Dog Grill on deck is ok, nothing great.  The pizza is still pretty good, though they could leave it in the oven just a tad longer.  

Drinks have been the biggest disappointment.  They're just too syrupy and the bartenders can't make good classic drinks like a good Old Fashioned or good mixed drinks.  There's not a single craft cocktail bar where they actually take time to make drinks correctly, it's all assembly line, watered down drinks.  Celebrity, NCL, Royal and even Disney make better cocktails than Princess these days.  

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 7:31 PM, Kingofcool1947 said:

I speak to the Crown Grill Maitre D’ the night before dinner.   Request a 2 to 2.5 pound Tomahawk Ribeye Steak.  Prepared Pittsburg Black and Blue.   I usually eat all of my steak at dinner, but if there is a bit of meat left on the bone, the server will wrap it up for me so I can take it back to my cabin and finish it off as a midnight snack.  

King

5AB36EBA-1E93-4296-912A-EFBC64A93FD5_zps

5 minutes ago, norcalcruzr said:

We've never been able to have Crown Grill leftovers wrapped up, it's good to see that policy has changed.  Used to be that leftovers could not be taken due to health issues such as food poisoning from left over food sitting out.

policy change ?? - more likely on an individual basis...waiter, etc

just like most other 'policies' on Princess..:classic_wink:

4 minutes ago, norcalcruzr said:

We've never been able to have Crown Grill leftovers wrapped up, it's good to see that policy has changed.  Used to be that leftovers could not be taken due to health issues such as food poisoning from left over food sitting out.

I was actually going to mention the same thing. When we first started sailing on Princess the dining staff would wrap up the birthday cake in a creative aluminum foil "swan" and we could take it back to our cabin. On the last few cruises we were told we either had to eat it or lose it as they were no longer allowed to wrap up any food from the MDR to bring back to the cabins due to health risks. 

7 hours ago, puggleperson said:

It's 4 am ...I can't sleep.. Getting on the boat tomorrow and I'm looking forward to all the food 🙂 and I agree, I don't care about the name as long as it's yummy! 

I wish I was coming with you it’s Freezing in Boston. 😁 Have a great time on the cruise!!! 

Tony

We haven't cruised Princess in 6 years; I LOVED their Alfredo in a Parmesan bowl!!

BUT since then I found out I have a gluten sensitivity--BOO!

I will have to get DM to order a serving so I can have  a bite. A whole one would be a BAD idea on our port intensive British Isles cruise this summer...

Edited by KKB

Oh my, I love this thread!  My cruise isn't until March but I'm looking forward to several of the items already mentioned.

The goat cheese souffle is my absolute favorite - on the last cruise I had one for an appetizer and a second one for dessert!  I also the burgers at the grill when I need a quick lunch.  I'm not sure if they still have them but there was a breakfast sandwich at the I.C.  Yummy! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KKB said:

their Alfredo in a Parmesan bowl

I have had the Fettucine Alfredo on past Princess cruises and love it.  But, I never had it served in a Parmesan bowl.  From posts on this Message Board, I assume that the bowl is edible?

Somebody previously has mentioned that their favorite is the Mussel Pot offered in Crown Grill.  That is Mrs. XBGuy's absolute favorite.  

We are boarding the Ruby Princess, next Saturday, for a Mexican Riviera cruise, and, yesterday, Mrs. XBGuy mentioned, "I'm looking forward to our cruise, and I'm going to have a Mussel Pot."

"Only one?"  I asked.

"Well, . . . ."

Since this thread was originally posted a couple weeks ago, I've been racking my brain trying to think of my favorite.  Unfortunately, I have about a half dozen things that are tied for first.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luvsnorkeling said:

Tony, can you order the volcano at lunch time in the main dining room? Thanks!

I’m Sorry I don’t know :classic_blush: I never go to the MDR for lunch 90% of the time I don’t have lunch. I think I will if the Volcano is on the menu...:classic_love: :classic_smile: See you there Luvsnorkeling LOL.

Tony