Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
tinadago

Princess Website

Recommended Posts

Get this!  I'm trying to "change" my flight reservations.  Have a cruise in March --- was to fly out on 4 March.  Checked my flight days -- it's  week later!!  Been working with Princess since last Wed. (11/14)….they blame Delta (not sure why) saying they  changed my dates when I didn't request.  Not a good impression for working with Princess for a cruise on them for the first time. (sigh)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NanaE said:

Get this!  I'm trying to "change" my flight reservations.  Have a cruise in March --- was to fly out on 4 March.  Checked my flight days -- it's  week later!!  Been working with Princess since last Wed. (11/14)….they blame Delta (not sure why) saying they  changed my dates when I didn't request.  Not a good impression for working with Princess for a cruise on them for the first time. (sigh)

Delta and many other airlines are notorious for changing flights especially if the flights are going through a consolidator (which all Princess flights are) so this is not a Princess problem.  Whether I book directly or indirectly with airlines, I always go directly to the airlines website and check my reservation numerous times prior to my day of flying.

Edited by lives to cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NanaE said:

Get this!  I'm trying to "change" my flight reservations.  Have a cruise in March --- was to fly out on 4 March.  Checked my flight days -- it's  week later!!

 

12 hours ago, lives to cruise said:

Delta and many other airlines are notorious for changing flights especially if the flights are going through a consolidator (which all Princess flights are) so this is not a Princess problem. 

 

This is not a matter of a flight change, it is a date change which NanaE did not make. It is a Princess problem if EZAir did the wrong date. It is a Delta problem if Delta changed the date.

 

If this was the flexible fares, there should be no problem changing the date to be the desired one unless the price has increased in which case the responsible party should absorb the difference in fare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caribill said:

 

 

This is not a matter of a flight change, it is a date change which NanaE did not make. It is a Princess problem if EZAir did the wrong date. It is a Delta problem if Delta changed the date.

 

If this was the flexible fares, there should be no problem changing the date to be the desired one unless the price has increased in which case the responsible party should absorb the difference in fare.

 

Airlines have also "changed dates" on mine and many others flights over the years so yes, this can be an airline problem which you also posted.

 

Needless to say, who did what is not NanaE's problem right now.  I do hope Princess helped get their reservation straightened out and my original posting was to state that everyone should always check their reservations periodically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Delta did change my flights w/o my consent and the price is now higher, they should eat the difference...not me!  I hope that this is the way it works.....still working on the issue as of 6pm eastern time yesterday.  ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...