will the price drop

philred

a friend of mine fancies the caribbean on britannia early febuary he is hoping the price will reduce is this likely to happen or should he bite the bullet and go for price shown now your thoughts would be welcome thanks

I had a look at the P&O site and a fortnight including flights is £1399 inside £1699 balcony. Seems really cheap to me.  The Transatlantics can drop to £999 but that's only half time in the Caribbean.   If your friend is happy with this sort of level it is probably best to book.

Regards John

It is hard to tell but one way I try and gauge if there are a lot of unsold cabins is to do a dummy run on the grade of cabin you are interested in as well as perhaps the grade either side.If you can t select a particular cabin because it says 'Guarantee only' it usually means there are not many cabins of that grade left.However I think sometimes P and O will state 'Guarantee only on the lowest grade e'g HF or PF so they can slot people in at a later date so I usually look at the other cabins.If most grades say guarantee only the ship is likely to be nearly full but if most grades show a choice of 6 or 7 cabins, there are usuallyquite a few left.I think it also depends how important it is to go on a particular ship on a particular date.If your friend definately wants t o sail on Britannia on a certain date he may be best booking it fairly soon though possibly waiting until Black Friday-23 November.(P and O don t usually have special offers but some TA's do

We are also on the April cruise on Aurora and booked as soon as prices were released.Often the cruises that have the biggest increase are those with 'different' or interesting itineraries e.g I think the April cruise is the only one(apart from one in October)where you can visit Malta without flying.Traditionally cruises in November and December (apart from Christmas) drop in price and there are a lot of cruises  to the Caribbean so those cruises tend to drop in price too.However, nowadays P and O tend to drop prices a lot earlier than they used to so there are fewer last minute bargains

21 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We are also on the April cruise on Aurora and booked as soon as prices were released.Often the cruises that have the biggest increase are those with 'different' or interesting itineraries e.g I think the April cruise is the only one(apart from one in October)where you can visit Malta without flying.Traditionally cruises in November and December (apart from Christmas) drop in price and there are a lot of cruises  to the Caribbean so those cruises tend to drop in price too.However, nowadays P and O tend to drop prices a lot earlier than they used to so there are fewer last minute bargains

Ann, I think we must be on your next 2 cruises as well, N901 and R906, unless you are doing another one before Xmas.

5 hours ago, philred said:

how can any cruise line justify that price increase regardless of the destination but obviously people do you have had a good deal by the sound of it  

Its called supply and demand. If the price now is very high then the cruise is very full. This always happens when a cruise is over subscribed.

Not sure why a cruise company should have to justify its prices if you don’t like the price you don’t pay.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Ann, I think we must be on your next 2 cruises as well, N901 and R906, unless you are doing another one before Xmas.

No more cruises before Christmas but not long to wait until January! Perhaps see you at the Meet up?

P and O are standardizing Meet ups now because they have become so popular so the date, time and Meeting place will be in the Horizon paper.Alternatively(or as well I think because P and O will advertise one) it is possible to arrange an informal meet up on the roll call.