Vision of Sea drydock

creel5857

Hope someone who is on Vision of Seas after drydock in a week or so will post some comments and pictures.  We have never been on Royal Carribean and looking forward to a Jan cruise out of New Orleans.   Thanks ahead for anyone who could give any update or menus of any equivalent ship.  Helping a few senior citizens get their thoughts and plans together.

Currently on Vision 17 day Panama cruise. This is day 4.  I would not sail on Vision again. Love RCI, but this ship is not comparable to other ships we’ve sailed.  Too many complaints about various things. Most of people on board are avid cruisers and know what to expect and they are not getting it. Pool was closed on both sea days so far and that’s unheard of.  Many folks have leaking AC vents in the ceilings in their rooms.  There is a Ben &Jerrys on board, but they have No ice cream!!!  just a few of my thoughts...I’m a C&A member and Diamond level.

What cabin category are you in? We've sailed Vision many times although years ago and am scheduled to sail on her next May Med/Greek Islands...great itinerary. Would appreciate a bit more on your specific complaints rather than pool and Ben & Jerry's.

Thanks for more feedback.

On 11/14/2018 at 5:53 PM, creel5857 said:

Thanks ahead for anyone who could give any update or menus of any equivalent ship. 

The RCI app has Enchantment in it which is a Vision class ship and it may list some of the menus. Take all comments with a grain of salt - some issues are sailing specific and not an indicator of continuous issues.

Anymore updates from anyone on vision of seas right now?  I dont have access to the ap that was mentioned as to where to find some sample menus so any snapshots of them would be great.   Just excited and wondering what the ship looked like since dry dock.  Thanks for any update

We were just on Vision for both the 13 Day Med/Greek Isles and the 13 day Transatlantic. It is one of their smaller ships so it doesn’t have ALL the amenities, but we had no problems at all with the ship. The food was the best we’ve had on any of our cruises. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pengu1n said:

Thanks, Clarea,

I was hoping during the dry dock that Vision was added to the app, as I had heard they were working on the internet onboard.

I don't think they need a dry dock to add a ship to the app, just a software upgrade.

22 minutes ago, pengu1n said:

I was hoping during the dry dock that Vision was added to the app, as I had heard they were working on the internet onboard.

The only ship that coincided with its addition to the app was Symphony when she launched - the others just showed up at random times. BTW, very unlikely that "internet work" will lead to any real improvement in performance - unless by some miracle they add O3B.

Biker, who senses a slow down in ship additions to the app.

Edited by Biker19

4 minutes ago, pengu1n said:

Thanks for the info. We are new to Royal Caribbean. It just seems funny to me that all ships don't have access to the app.

It takes time to roll out the software to the ships.

2 minutes ago, kknorr0320 said:

When does Vision go into drydock and is there any indication of what changes will be made?

Vision just came out of dry dock, and no major changes were made to passenger facilities.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Vision just came out of dry dock, and no major changes were made to passenger facilities.

Ok thanks. We're looking at a 2020 cruise on her out of San Juan and wondered if anything changed from when we were on her in 2015.

Edited by kknorr0320

We left Vision on Thursday after the first cruise out of drydock, it was our  7th time on her . We had a great time onboard with friends and the service was very good but there were problems.

For the first 3 /4 days there was a problem with the desalinated water supply. Hubby and I had breakfast In Giovanni’s  took one sip of the water and nearly spat it out , it tasted like salt , yuk !  I spoke later with F&B Director , whom I got to know over the course of the cruise , he explained that the minerals they used to flush out the system were still in the system and they were working on it . At the M&M I tried the water there, yuk! Salty again. I would not eat or drink anything after that which needed the ship water to make it . We only drank bottled water after that.

The ship was quickly using up the bottled water , even using the crew larger bottle supply , at the first port more was taken onboard and things did improve .

We ate in Chops, Giovanni’s and Izumi, all were disappointing and we actually left Izumi feeling hungry ! 

In Chops we used our BOGOF but in Giovanni’s and Izumi I was a guest. It is not the done thing to complain about something when you are a guest. All the food In Giovanni’s was way too salty. I ordered the steak and usually enjoy that , I was warned by someone in the party not to put the sauce on it as their’s was salty.

I had prime rib in the MDR on the last formal night , it was smothered in a salty sauce and had to scrape it off . In all our RCI cruises it was the worst food except in the WIndjammer which was great with plenty of variety, loved the made to order stir fry station at night.

Someone mentioned elsewhere on CC new upholstery in the MDR , if there was I never saw it , had breakfast there on many mornings at different tables, chairs were badly stained . There was new carpeting  on stairs and other areas. 

We never had cold water in our sink the whole cruise, deck 3 . I did not mention it to GS and the room steward until day 3 as I know after a drydock where pipework has been replaced there could be issues, been there done that on Navigator .  It was obvious that somewhere in the system a hot and cold pipe were touching causing the problem. I got to know the deck housekeeper , Mercy, quite well and she said the problem was in several areas on deck 3. The solution was to provide a bucket of ice in the bathroom to add to the warm water  in the sink . There were contractors still onboard our cruise on our deck fixing leaks. We survived the lack of cold water , it was just inconvenient, hubby likes cold water face washes to wake him up, 😆.

Apparently the jacuzzi on the pool deck was replaced and not sealed properly , on the journey from Freeport to Miami several cabins were flooded beneath . Yikes. Don’t know about the guests who were housed in those cabins , never walked through deck 8.

We had a great cruise but only for the friends , old and new , with us and the fab itinerary. Vision is a lovely ship and I am sure all the niggles will be sorted out eventually

Edited by heatherb1958

I had hoped drydock on ship her age was going to include upholstery and linens but guess that was wishful thinking.  We are scheduled on deck 8 so hope that issue with the leaks got fixed and rooms cleaned back up good.  We have sailed holland and princess several times and we like mid size ships rather than larger ones and dont need all the bells and whistles at our age.  We had chance at this one leaving from port we can drive to and i had hoped it would be fresh and clean after dry dock but maybe that was wishful thinking...........thanks for update