Simple Pleasures On Board

Luvcrusn

It's about three weeks until we step aboard our next cruise and understandably we're thinking a lot about what awaits. I realized that one of the things that immediately pops into my head is waking on board the first morning with my DH and enjoying together a lovely cup of coffee on our balcony with some decadent, buttery croissants and watching the ocean in the quiet of the early morning. That's when we really have unwound the hectic pace of daily life and are completely happy and relaxed. A close second to that is returning to our stateroom the first night on board after a busy embarkation day, dinner, show (maybe) with a glass of wine on the balcony watching the stars and listening to the whoosh of the ocean. What's yours?

• Like 6

Such a nice idea for a new thread. Thank you.

We are easy to please, and find that simple pleasures abound whenever we are at sea. Certainly our first adult beverage once onboard, and a clink of our glasses to acknowledge the incredible blessings and good fortune we enjoy.

Next might be re-visiting the new discoveries we made onboard our previous Celebrity ship. Last time it was the chocolate croissants, the ability to redeem our Elite happy hour drinks in the dining room, and the pappadum and raita in the buffet. So many more to come, we hope.

😎

• Like 1

Luvcrusn, what a great new post!

OK, confession time,.....

Where possible we overnight pre cruise with a view of our ship entering port....We set the alarm for silly o’clock to watch her come in knowing in a few hours it will be our turn to board....

Then there is the magic of the first ‘ting’ as you board!

Then that wonderful first sip of bubbly as you board (who cares what it is or tastes like)!

Then managing to unpack before muster and enjoying your first pre dinner drink!

Our first night always starts in Tuscan Grill, nothing like watching the shore (and real world cares) fade into the distance knowing you have days of pleasure ahead!

Luvcrusn, hope you have a wonderful cruise, nearly a year until our next one now! Have a fantastic time!

• Like 1

We don't drink other than my husband's 2 glasses of wine over dinner.  Our highlight is being well taken care of in Blu when booked on Aqua and Luminae when in a suite where we eat all our meals when they are open for meals.  We enjoy sit down meals and try not to do buffets.  

Yet we always lose weight despite our focus on eating. 

We do enjoy their non Broadway style shows in the evening.

I'm sitting at home today watching the snow pile up outside our PA home and dreaming about getting away from it all. It took our dear DIL over 3 hours to drive home from work (about 4 miles) and pick up our grandchildren from their schools on her way.  That first morning coffee and croissant seems a million miles away right now! Can't wait!

2 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I'm sitting at home today watching the snow pile up outside our PA home and dreaming about getting away from it all. It took our dear DIL over 3 hours to drive home from work (about 4 miles) and pick up our grandchildren from their schools on her way.  That first morning coffee and croissant seems a million miles away right now! Can't wait!

It was awful wasn't i,t what was suppose to be a inch or 2 was like 10 or more in my neck of the woods. My dreaming will be happening on Saturday as off we go to sunny Fl to board our ship on Sunday. The snow was falling and I was packing my summer clothes what a good feeling.

• Like 2

We love to enjoy a drink while we watch the sun set from our balcony or the deck beneath the Sunset Bar. Nothing as lovely as that and knowing there's still a full night ahead to enjoy dinner, music a show, a little gambling, dessert in al Bacio before we head back to our cabin.

Have a lovely cruise @Luvcrusn

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 2+2 said:

1) Morning latte on the balcony.

2) Afternoon mojito  on the balcony. 

3) Sunset Pina Colada on the balcony. 

4) Nightcap of choice on the balcony.

5) Having the beverage package. 

6) Having a balcony!😜

.Sun, sky, ocean....never gets old!

Unplugging from our usual routine

Being pampered by caring staff

Enjoyable dining,,, and cafe al baccio

Spa, gym and Solarium

Good music...if we are lucky!

Meeting  interesting people,..

Can't wait to cruise again!

• Like 2

I am sitting in Fairbanks, Alaska during a crazy-busy week -- so a little daydreaming about our next cruise -- which isn't until March -- feels so nice.  

In addition to many of the items already mentioned I find it simply decadent to read for fun (not for business) during the middle of the day with a nice pot of Darjeeling tea.  Even though I am retired, it still feels so decadent to not be reading for business during the day.

I love sitting on the balcony and just watching the ocean.  And one of my favorite things is running into crew members from previous cruises.  It's pretty great to be welcomed aboard with a hug from somebody you've cruised with before.  Hope to see one of my favorite waiters, Bonifacio, on Sunday when I board the Silhouette.  And I think Sue Richardson is our cruise director, so that will be great as well.  Will be cruising with lots of old friends, so that will be fun also.  It's all good!  Except packing.  See how I'm avoiding packing?  😁

• Like 3

Hey, Happy Cruiser!  Bonifacio (aka Boni) is one of our very fave servers too!  Nice to know he's still with =X=.  Please tell him Betsy and Mark said hello.  He'll have absolutely no idea who you are talking about.  :classic_smile: 

Betsy

This is a tough one! How about when I look through the Daily and mark all I’m going to do the next day. Wake up and just relax, then step out on the balcony for breakfast and sit and watch the ocean run by. And......miss the first planned program. Then go up to El Bacio for a nice special coffee......and miss the 2nd and 3rd planned program. Then......you get the point! 

Love to make all those plans and then just wander around and not make many of them. 

Den

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My favorite is just sitting in the Solarium with my earphones and listening to my playlists.   I'm a Melanoma patient so avoid the sun and love to just relax and hop in the pool whenever I want. Nice thing also is the Aqua Spa cafe has/had a nice oatmeal with fruit and infinite refills of coffee.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2+2 said:

1) Morning latte on the balcony.

2) Afternoon mojito  on the balcony. 

3) Sunset Pina Colada on the balcony. 

4) Nightcap of choice on the balcony.

5) Having the beverage package. 

It is our first cruise, do I just call room service to get those drinks delivered?

Or do I have to bring them down from the bar?

thank you

3 minutes ago, pjr59 said:

It is our first cruise, do I just call room service to get those drinks delivered?

thank you

Room service, the in room mini-bar, and the large bottles of water that you find in your cabin aren't included in the beverage packages. If you have a beverage package, you can get your drink at the nearest bar to bring back to your room.  You can also order unopened cans of soda and beer to stash in your mini cooler for later. Each cabin is allowed to bring on 2 bottles of wine at embarkation to be enjoyed in your cabin. The steward will bring you wine glasses if you ask. If you bring your bottles of wine to the MDR, there is a corkage fee. 

13 minutes ago, pjr59 said:

thank you

Also, if you have a beverage package you can get specialty coffees and teas from Café Al Bacio. Regular coffee and tea can be ordered from room service free, unless you order between 11:00PM and 6:00AM then there is a $4.95 service charge. We usually bring our drinks back to the cabin with us.

1. Having them announce that the row that I'm sitting in, in the port terminal, may now stand and board the ship.

2. Having room service deliver my first morning breakfast and enjoying to on the balcony.

3. Quietly enjoying the balcony throughout the cruise and taking a moment to be thankful that I can cruise often.

• Like 1

There’s a time on every cruise when I discover I’m virtually alone and anonymous without a way for anyone to find me other than by chance. I’m not lost, I’m not going anywhere, I’ll eventually turn up, but for a moment I’m invisible and it’s awesome.

6 hours ago, CEOofVacation said:

We don't drink other than my husband's 2 glasses of wine over dinner.  Our highlight is being well taken care of in Blu when booked on Aqua and Luminae when in a suite where we eat all our meals when they are open for meals.  We enjoy sit down meals and try not to do buffets.  

Yet we always lose weight despite our focus on eating. 

We do enjoy their non Broadway style shows in the evening.

We are on the Reflection on Dec 7th.  I am so excited but also little anxious because I do not want to gain any weight.  I’ve lost about 70 lbs but gained 20 back.  We are in Aqua.  Can you share any tips on how you lose weight while cruising?  Thanks

• Like 1