Escape Nov.-Booted Off

lightingafire

We just got off the Getaway this past Sunday. A passenger was taken off in Honduras. Our cabin was on the 5th floor and come to find out the ships jail was directly underneath our cabin.  He was in the jail until they dropped him off in Honduras. The night he spent under our cabin was not pretty.

Very interestingly, when googling this, I found that there were 2 deaths on other cruise ships this month alone. A woman fell into the water while getting onto a tender, they pulled her out and she was conscious, but then apparently something happened and they couldn't revive her. That was on Holland America. Also, on Princess, a woman fell overboard and died after being choked by a man. DIdn't find anything specific about this ship.

8 hours ago, Robinsilver said:

Very interestingly, when googling this, I found that there were 2 deaths on other cruise ships this month alone. A woman fell into the water while getting onto a tender, they pulled her out and she was conscious, but then apparently something happened and they couldn't revive her. That was on Holland America. Also, on Princess, a woman fell overboard and died after being choked by a man. DIdn't find anything specific about this ship.

Last night on ABC News I saw a story about a 52 year old woman who fell over board on Princess, I didn't hear she was choked, but who knows, all sad news

We are on escape now (our last day). Met many stuff and officers that are passionate about that they do and it shows. Great service, food and entertainment. However, we almost got arrested at Norwegian private island. We will be definitely bringing this incident to US officials and NCL corporate office.

37 minutes ago, lshpak said:

We are on escape now (our last day). Met many stuff and officers that are passionate about that they do and it shows. Great service, food and entertainment. However, we almost got arrested at Norwegian private island. We will be definitely bringing this incident to US officials and NCL corporate office.

Arrested? AFAIK there is not GSC police force.  What were you "almost arrested" for?

5 hours ago, lshpak said:

What do you mean you were "almost" arrested? What for?

5 hours ago, April42749 said:

Arrested? AFAIK there is not GSC police force.  What were you "almost arrested" for?

Actually it was k-9 police Officer. 

Because of my medical condition I need to stay in the shade. We were looking to rent an umbrella or shell and they kept sending us from one place to another. Finally then we reached the end of the beach we saw many shells and umbrellas unoccupied. It turns out that shells were already sold out on the ship. They also told us that umbrellas had to be reserved on the ship as well(not true). I refuse to leave and asked to speak to a supervisor. 30 minutes later Mr. Calderaru Radu ( who is not a manager) together with K-9 police Officer appeared. They processed to scream and intimidate us. I tried to explain my situation and the only response that I got from Mr. Calderaru that if we do not leave we will get arrested. He also kept screaming “it is not about you!!!”. If it is not about me than why I am speading thousands of money? I could just stay home and the only thing I was looking for is to fund some shade in order for me to enjoy the beach. In the end the real manager showed up, we explained the whole situation and everything was resolved. 

In conclusion, ether they wanted more money (maybe they should of implied that) we would of gladly given them a nice tip or worse 

we got descreminated based on our appearance.

• Like 1