April 2020

CruisingMom77

We did the Eastern Caribbean on the Divina in April 2017. Now we are thinking of trying the Seaside hopefully in April or May 2020. When you book Fantastica experience do they still give you the 12 drink vouchers per person? We were in an inside stateroom, Deck 11 with bunkbeds, and were perfectly fine with it. Now on the Seaside are inside cabins about the same size as on the Divina?

Did anyone stay the oceanview staterooms on the Seaside whether Bella or Fantastica? Are there any noise issues provided that those are on Deck 5 with bars, restaurants etc. right above.

I tried to price out some cruises on the Seaside, but looked at other cruise lines as well for the same dates. Carnival is about the same price range, if not a little bit cheaper. Like I could book an 8 night cruise on Carnival (Carnival Magic) which would be like 7 night on the Seaside. We absolutely loved the Divina, and were happy with the MSC product. Is Carnival very much different from MSC? 

Thank you.

We sailed the Carnival Vista last year and have two other Carnival cruises booked. We also sailed the Seaside with our two young daughters this past April. We loved the Seaside. We sail many lines and  we do enjoy our Carnival cruises but I will say this. The food in the MDR and buffet on Carnival is nowhere as good and the service isn't as good either. The clientele on Carnival can be less than desirable with more party people and  drunks. There isn't a Carnival ship that compares to the new MSC Seaside. The is a much better elegnace factor on MSC ...... 

We sailed the Carnival Vista last year and have two other Carnival cruises booked. We also sailed the Seaside with our two young daughters this past April. We loved the Seaside. We sail many lines and  we do enjoy our Carnival cruises but I will say this. The food in the MDR and buffet on Carnival is nowhere as good and the service isn't as good either. The clientele on Carnival can be less than desirable with more party people and  drunks. There isn't a Carnival ship that compares to the new MSC Seaside. The is a much better elegnace factor on MSC ...... 

The inside cabins on the Seaside felt a lot tighter than on the Divina.  We did 4 of us in them in both, and after the third time hitting my head on the bottom of the bunk above me on Seaside, I told my wife I would never do it again.  The Seaside is not laid out as well, and has much less storage. Also, the fantastica coupons are being phased out as of the end of March 2019.  Nobody knows yet if there will be something different in its place.

Carnival and MSC are quite different.  Carnival is much more of a party atmosphere. The ships are not as elegant, and the food not as good (in our opinion). Carnival has much better entertainment, and much better service from the crew than MSC does. I also remember the hot tubs being much hotter on Carnival than MSC (though that could be because Carnival allows drinks in the hot tubs, so some warm "water" may have been added by guests.  

Thank you.  You say that the inside cabin on Seaside feels tighter than on the Divina. Do you think there is enough room on the carpet for a sleeping bag? This is what we did on the Divina. No one of us wanted to use the upper bunks. We had a sleeping bag with us. Hubby and 7 year old son slept on the queen bed, while I camped out on the carpet. :-) I think I had the best sleep ever. Really. Do you think there is enough room to do that in the inside cabin on the Seaside? Or is it much smaller than those on the Divina? 

22 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

You can say that again, and again..... :classic_biggrin:

6 hours ago, CruisingMom77 said:

Thank you.  You say that the inside cabin on Seaside feels tighter than on the Divina. Do you think there is enough room on the carpet for a sleeping bag? This is what we did on the Divina. No one of us wanted to use the upper bunks. We had a sleeping bag with us. Hubby and 7 year old son slept on the queen bed, while I camped out on the carpet. 🙂 I think I had the best sleep ever. Really. Do you think there is enough room to do that in the inside cabin on the Seaside? Or is it much smaller than those on the Divina? 

Highly unlikely unless you set up in the hallway by the bathroom/door. It is that much smaller!