Please fix the Comic Sans problem; the font is virtually unreadable on mobile devices

As had been discussed on the now-deleted “bugs and glitches” forum, comments posted in the Comic Sans font appear on mobile devices in thin, fussy, hard to read cursive instead.  

I’ve been on a ship for the past two weeks, with only my mobile devices, and this problem still has not been fixed.  If for some reason it can’t be, why not just delete this font?  There are many others...

If only someone had posted detailed instructions on how to fix this.... You know, something like a way to override the inline Comic Sans MS, cursive directive with... perhaps... an !important directive in the global.css? Just spitballin' here.*

1367982583_20-inlines-css-comic-sans_2jpg.jpg.0c33beb0d8999c032db79c4c02b1d74a.jpg

* - Not really. The solution was posted in the old Bugs & Glitches forum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

If only someone had posted detailed instructions on how to fix this.... You know, something like a way to override the inline Comic Sans MS, cursive directive with... perhaps... an !important directive in the global.css? Just spitballin' here.*

1367982583_20-inlines-css-comic-sans_2jpg.jpg.0c33beb0d8999c032db79c4c02b1d74a.jpg

* - Not really. The solution was posted in the old Bugs & Glitches forum.

I recall that you had done so (for which I thank you); it’s why it’s even more annoying that this situation still has not been addressed. 

The admins should just get rid of that font imho. 

24 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I recall that you had done so (for which I thank you); it’s why it’s even more annoying that this situation still has not been addressed. 

The admins should just get rid of that font imho. 

I haven't used Comic Sans MS in years and years. However, it's not really my place to limit people's freedom of expression. Even if they get rid of the font going forward, there are thousands upon thousands of posts with it that already exist. 

While they *could* run a database update to fix all the old stuff, the CSS change is a cleaner, simpler solution. 

Edited by POA1

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

I haven't used Comic Sans MS in years and years. However, it's not really my place to limit people's freedom of expression. Even if they get rid of the font going forward, there are thousands upon thousands of posts with it that already exist. 

While they *could* run a database update to fix all the old stuff, the CSS change is a cleaner, simpler solution. 

To be clear — I’m only suggesting that they get rid of the font if they can’t or won’t fix the problem.   

3 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

To be clear — I’m only suggesting that they get rid of the font if they can’t or won’t fix the problem.   

I hear you, but getting rid of the font doesn't fix all the old posts. 

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Unfortunately this is not something *I* can fix.  It may not be high on the list but I do have it noted

Jenn, thanks for the update. I appreciate all your hard work and I know you have a ton on your plate, including things more important than this.