Moda Hotel in Vancouver

I was wondering if anyone has any information about the Moda Hotel on Seymour Street in Vancouver.  I have booked this hotel for $200 for the 1 night.  I can cancel up until 2 days before cruise.  The only bad thing I have read so far is the walls are thin.  We just want a nice/clean room for the 1 night. 

Thanks for any insight

Kathleen

Hi Kathleen, i also booked this hotel but after reading posts here from Michaelcath I booked the YWCA.  I cancelled the Moda.  YWCA have several types of rooms, Ive booked a double with our own ensuite for 140 canadian dollars room only.  If you book on their own website they give a discount to over 60s.  Michaelcath seems to know all there is to know about Vancouver so I am trusting his recommendation.   All we ask for is clean room, ensuite bathroom and located in a safe area.

I think that was me being mentioned; I'll add Michael to my growing list of nicknames;-)

If you travel with earplugs Kathleen I'd have no major qualms about sticking to Moda - it is a busy intersection for traffic, but it's still a downtown hotel that is good for walking around from and the in-house resto and winebar, Cibo & Uva, are both very nice. As TJ said, if all you want is a nice, clean, safe room and don't need frills the Y is an even better value and significantly better-reviewed. Moda is ranked in the 60s of the 90ish downtown hotels on TripAdvisor, i.e. about 2/3rds of downtown hotels are deemed better by visitors, but it's certainly not one of the seriously dodgy places - it's just an old building with the usual issues that brings like subpar soundproofing, old and small elevator, drafty windows, that sort of thing.