Come Sail Away - "Live" from Enchantment 11/16 - 11/19

John&LaLa

46 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Last weekend during the Missouri Vanderbilt game. She looks wasted. She is, however, a teetotaler. 

We will be boarding in shorts.  I will have socks on, though.

Bell is staying with neighbors, shes been there since renovations started.  Hopefully she will want to come home someday.  

Please, just don’t wear sandals with those socks. 😱

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That seems to be the "in" thing nowadays - I put in that same exact floor in my condo (now sold) in Fort Lauderdale.

We're doing pretty much the entire condo (1800+ sqft) while living in it.  Quite the challenge.  I think this will conclude the renovation portion of the thread.  

20181116_113912.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Wow...love the new floors!  That is the "wood look" tile floor that I like too.  Just have to stay home long enough to get mine done also.  Good plan to get out of there during that part of the reno!  😉 

What are our your ports of call...Coco Cay and Freeport?  No Nassau?  

Assuming you are headed to the ship right now...have a great time!  Also let us know who the concierges, HD, and LA are.  Will miss JD.  

John,

Do you find enough to do on the smaller ships? I know you've done a ton of cruises and are veterans, but we were just on Rhapsody first time since 1998 and if we hadn't been in the Med for the first time I would have been sorely disappointed with the amenities on the ship. Trying to make it to Pinnacle one day and need some guidance! Bella as always, too stinkin' cute!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, depplep said:

John,

Do you find enough to do on the smaller ships? I know you've done a ton of cruises and are veterans, but we were just on Rhapsody first time since 1998 and if we hadn't been in the Med for the first time I would have been sorely disappointed with the amenities on the ship. Trying to make it to Pinnacle one day and need some guidance! Bella as always, too stinkin' cute!!

We haven't been on her since she left a year or two ago. Since it's a shortie, I'm sure well be fine.  She has more to do than MJ did.

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We haven't been on her since she left a year or two ago. Since it's a shortie, I'm sure well be fine.  She has more to do than MJ did.

That is one thing I loved about EN over MJ.  Had just enough more choices and venues over her older sister not to feel too small.  Not too big...not too small.  Love having the CL and DL across from each other (mostly in case one coffee machine is out of service...we have a second choice).  And of course the "stretch" gave the little ship such a nice large pool deck!  🙂 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Fair enough.We did MJ twice and after the first time I said never again. Looking forward to the review.

Quick recap on getting onto ship. 

We drove right into garage and parked on deck 3.  Prepay the parking for $68.  Great views from the parking garage.

Priority entrance to security is for Suites an Pinnacles only.  Like I mentioned above, not an issue for this ship.  

I got wanded going through security, no idea why, may have been belt buckle.  Unfortunately when we got to check in, they did not have our cards.  Had to go make them.  Made them wrong, used blue blanks. At a minimum they should have been Silver for JS, but ours are Gold on this ship.  Also they didn't have our VOOM cards.  Had to get them onboard.

Other than that, all was good.

20181116_122319.jpg

20181116_122815.jpg

Thanks for posting. We did 3 day on Majesty last year. Some drink package questions...do they charge you taxes on your drinks while you are still in port (while in American ports)? Is the limit $12 drinks and then they charge you the overage if you order more expensive? Enjoy your cruise (would love to live in FL so we could pop on cruises whenever).

Edited by laumicmah
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh dear...do you think this has anything with the kickoff of the new "Key" program?  Just another nickel and dime program from RCI as far as I can figure.  

Key doesn't apply to Enchantment 

Ok, so we got right onto ship after getting our boarding picture.  BTW, they display them by deck so it's fairly easy to find them in the photo gallery.  Not thrilled with the photo, so probably not getting it.

Stopped by MDR to check out our first seating assignment.   8 top, port side. Close to windows. Cabins not ready till 1:30 so off to Park Cafe.  Had Kummelwreck and pizza, neither very good, just passable.  Laura got fajitas from the Jammer, they were good.

Took the ridiculously long walk to our cabin.  Heavy spinner suitcases do not roll well on carpet.  Our cabin is listed on all the signage since its technically the last starboard cabin. Easy to find.

20181116_213400.jpg

20181116_213347.jpg

20181116_213142.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

FWIW, our cabin was actually colder than the frigid air of Port Canaveral.  Let's call maintenance.  They came rather quickly, messed around with it and said they'd fix it during muster.   

And that was a lie

20181116_172354.jpg

20181116_144847.jpg