2020 Schedule Available

PhillyFan33579

3 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I've had the Panorama booked for February 2020 for a while now.  I want to book something for the fall of 2020, but am hesitant. In the past couple of years, I've found my penchant for booking 2 years in advance means I'm passing up something that pops up later.  I'm trying to be patient and wait until mid-2019 before I book a late 2020 sailing.

I think you're probably fine to book whenever.  Rates rarely change very much, and if they do go down at some point, you can just call your PVP and request the rate adjustment (Assuming you book with a PVP).  Most of the "sales" are just in-category upgrades or discounts on deposits that aren't really discounts on anything wince you still have to pay the full fare eventually.  

By waiting, it's possible you could get a good last minute deal with whatever cabins are left over, but you miss the chance to pick your cabin if you prefer a certain cabin/type/location.  

49 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I'm not really concerned about price. In fact, I've found by booking quite early I usually get the best price and great cabin availability.  What I'm driving at is this time next year there might be a fun "Dancing of the Ships" sailing that becomes available that wasn't even thought of by Carnival at this point.  I could cancel and rebook a new cruise, but DH gets annoyed by this.  "Book a cruise and keep it.  Quit changing your mind!" says he.

I understand completely - I'm itching to pull the trigger on something in Dec 2019 or so, but since we've booked a cruise not long before that timeframe for Sept 2019, it isn't like we'll be dying of hypo-cruisitis by then.  (Not sure if I just made up a word...)

We're on a cruise very shortly, so perhaps we'll wait until we get back, and hopefully there will be a few more choices obvious to us by then.  If not, there is one particular cruise/room combo that we like that will probably remain open for a while, so perhaps that will get actioned.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

I'm not really concerned about price. In fact, I've found by booking quite early I usually get the best price and great cabin availability.  What I'm driving at is this time next year there might be a fun "Dancing of the Ships" sailing that becomes available that wasn't even thought of by Carnival at this point.  I could cancel and rebook a new cruise, but DH gets annoyed by this.  "Book a cruise and keep it.  Quit changing your mind!" says he.

Haha... I have heard this many times before as I do change cruises...We are on our 5th cabin for one cruise.  

So it looks like the dancing of the ships consists of this:

March 2020:

Victory goes offline (Miami)

April 2020:

Radiance (Victory) to Barcelona

Spirit from Sydney to Seattle via Honolulu and Vancouver

May 2020:

Magic from Fort Lauderdale to Miami

Sunrise from Fort Lauderdale to Norfolk

June 2020:

Radiance from Barcelona to New York

Sunrise from Norfolk to New York

September 2020:

Spirit from Seattle to Brisbane via Vancouver and Honolulu

October 2020:

Radiance from New York to Norfolk

Sunrise from New York to Fort Lauderdale

Breeze from Port Canaveral to Fort Lauderdale

November 2020:

Radiance from Norfolk to Port Canaveral

So it looks like the XL ship will be hitting Port Canaveral in October. Miracle arrives in Miami on February 14, 2020, but I don't expect her to stay there. My hunch is that Miracle will spend the balance of February, March, and April in Miami until Magic arrives, then move to Port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale in May 2020. Miracle then heads back to San Diego in October or November when Sunrise, Breeze, or Radiance moves to Fort Lauderdale/Port Canaveral. Spirit then stays in San Diego until the 2021 Alaska season, and Spirit stays deployed year-round in Australia.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

You said Spirit twice.  (I like Spirit.)

I assume you meant Splendor stays in Australia?

Actually, both Splendor and Spirit will stay in Australia. Miracle should be doing Alaska in 2021.

It's been a while since we cruised Carnival but are looking at a holiday 2020 sailing for the family.  I gather the Radiance is a new ship?  We want to sail out of Port Canaveral and it looks like that is what will be offered out of that port.

Radiance is currently sailing as Victory. The ship is getting a massive refurbishment in March 2020 similar to Carnival Destiny's 2013 transformation to Carnival Sunshine.

Radiance, like Sunshine, should give you 90-95% of what's on Carnival's newest ships (Vista and Horizon), despite the ship being about 25% smaller, and Radiance will actually have what at least for a few months, should be a venue not on any other ship (Shaq's Big Chicken). The hull will be 20 years old, but the interior will look and feel new.

1 hour ago, tidecat said:

Radiance is currently sailing as Victory. The ship is getting a massive refurbishment in March 2020 similar to Carnival Destiny's 2013 transformation to Carnival Sunshine.

Also the Carnival Triumph is getting the same massive refurbishment next year at around March 2019. that ship be rename the Carnival Sunrise