Chops Grille & Giovanni's Table?

We have reservations at Chops Grille and Giovanni's Table for our upcoming cruise. Am interested to find out how the menu works. Is there a limit to how much we can order? Is it just one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert? Don't see anything listed as to what you get for the price.

5 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

We have reservations at Chops Grille and Giovanni's Table for our upcoming cruise. Am interested to find out how the menu works. Is there a limit to how much we can order? Is it just one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert? Don't see anything listed as to what you get for the price.

Only one main entree included. You could pay for another one. You can have multiple appetizers and deserts if you want.

30 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

Ive always been told one appetizer one main , sides and dessert.

Not so.  You are limited to one main but appetizers, sides and desserts are all you care to eat.  Servers are generally not supposed to volunteer that information but they never refuse to accept orders for extra appetizers, sides and desserts.  Also, even though you are supposed to be limited to one main, they will usually let you order a second main if you just say that you do not like the one you originally ordered. At Jamie's Italian, you can order a pasta dish in addition to all that if you are able to eat that much.  I do not know whether that is also the case at Giovanni's but Giovanni's seems to be rapidly disappearing from most ships anyway.

Edited by actuarian

Giovanni's is a little looser than Chops.    True its one entrée per person, but they adapt.    For example, Giovanni's (and Jamie's Italian last year on Harmony) had a lamb chop main course that we had them bring out as an appetizer.   They brought multiple plates of them to our group of 10.    So tasty.    I've also had them bring out a gnocchi main course as an appetizer.    At chops, its tough to ask for a filet to be brought out as an appetizer.

Here's some of our lamb chop "appetizer" from Jamie's last year...

image.png.49ea464ddc92e7a0cf41eddf2007e3f1.png

I've been to Giovanni's twice.  Unfortunately, I don't remember much from the 2nd time because I was sick, however, the first time, there was 4 of us, and they asked us if we were going to order per person, or family style.  We just said family style and they took the menu from us before we actually ordered anything and ended up giving us everything on the menu.  It was a LOT of food.

At Giovannies, the pasta course is not limited.  It is treated like a starter or side.

I can't imagine eating more than one main, even with singles of the starter courses and multiple sides. 😄