Angled Balconies on Breakaway

SANDPEBBLES

1 hour ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

An observation: forward facing angled balconies tend to be windy when underway.

I was actually worried about this on my Escape sailing in October as we were in a forward facing angled balcony on the starboard side (13870), but it wasn't an issue at all. Even when we were really booking to get to Bermuda a day early due to a medical emergency, the wind wasn't a problem. I wonder if it was because we were so far aft?

2 hours ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

We are port so no wind blowing my adult beverage off of the balcony. 🙂

Forward or aft. Wouldn't port side forward be just as windy as starboard side forward? What discourages us from the angled balcony is that everyone has a good view of it.

I guess I am thinking that a forward facing cabin would be facing forward. We have booked those before and sometimes it was "really windy". True the cabins are booked with a mind to the direction of the ship. Our cabin though angled appears to have the balcony facing the port side of the ship and blocked by the handy white balcony division. We have a long way before our sailing but I sure will try and find this thread and let you know about the wind factor. I found this picture on google of the angle balconies on the Getaway. https://www.google.com/search?q=image+ncl+getaway+14750&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Iu7mr2qmnTky3M%3A%2CshbXl-WuCymKBM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kSrNUpQ-uf29eJl-6K4yhkK9cenDQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjOsdCm1NzeAhWbFjQIHZWoAowQ9QEwD3oECAAQBg#imgrc=Iu7mr2qmnTky3M:

Sorry, I wish I could find the picture from CC. 

packercrusing - Not worried about anyone seeing me as If someone wants to look at an old lady having an adult beverage or reading on the balcony they must really be bored. LOL

19 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

Our cabin though angled appears to have the balcony facing the port side of the ship and blocked by the handy white balcony division.

I believe that you mean that your angled balcony is more aft-facing.

A forward-facing angled balcony would give a better view towards the front of the ship.

An aft-facing angled balcony would give a better view towards the rear of the ship. 

Some forward-facing angled balconies face the aft-facing angled balconies and vice versa. 

Whether it is port or starboard doesn't make a difference. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

2 hours ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

packercrusing - Not worried about anyone seeing me as If someone wants to look at an old lady having an adult beverage or reading on the balcony they must really be bored. LOL

Plus, you can see them, so cocktails on the balcony can be pretty interesting. 🙂