What happened on the AZ world cruise?

dbali

Why do you ask if it’s a forbidden topic?  Not sure I understand your question.  As far as I know there aren’t any plans at the moment for Azamara to repeat the World Cruise that started in Sydney last year.  My observations of it have been that there weren’t that many full World Cruise guests who did it from start to finish.  About 70 or less I think so I don’t think it proved that successful revenue wise.  I also don’t class it as a World Cruise because it never went to the Americas or mainland Africa.  It was just a slightly amended repositioning cruise from Australia to the UK.  Maybe with a third ship they will rethink it.

Phil

It was actually around 55 guests who did the whole trip.  I think it put a lot of demands on the cruise line as they kept the same principal officers all cruise and had to run lots of events to keep the guests feeling special.  There was one member of staff 100% dedicated to the "care" of the 55 guests each day running dinners events etc for them.  I think you are right Phil, it was an expensive branding of what was effectively a long reposition which missed both the tran Atlantic and trans Pacific Ocean crossings and destinations.

Probably only bears repeating every 3-4 years if that.

Thanks for the replies.  It just seems odd for AZ to do one and not another.  We are starting to research a WC and I was hoping that AZ would offer something.  Looks like we will have to concentrate on other lines.