Captain's Club status for other person in cabin

swoonx

Hi everyone,

I am Elite member and traveling with my brother, who has never cruised before. Is there any way he can receive the same status for the cruise?

On my last cruise I met some people (2 friends sharing a cabin) that failed receiving the same status while being onboard, but I also remember that others told me something different in the past.

Thank you!

PS: I know that this topic is frequently coming up, but could not find any thread via search.

He will be invited to attend the Elite continental breakfast with you but he will not receive the same status as you.  In former times he would also have been invited to attend the Cocktail hour but that is being phased out as the three drinks are being loaded onto your SeaPass card instead.  

2 hours ago, swoonx said:

Hi everyone,

I am Elite member and traveling with my brother, who has never cruised before. Is there any way he can receive the same status for the cruise?

On my last cruise I met some people (2 friends sharing a cabin) that failed receiving the same status while being onboard, but I also remember that others told me something different in the past.

Thank you!

PS: I know that this topic is frequently coming up, but could not find any thread via search.

He will not be the same status as you. He will be able to attend the CC HH held in the lounge in the evening. He will not have the three drinks loaded on your Seapass card. You will. 

Edited by davekathy

9 minutes ago, GoodScout said:

Dumb question: Is there any point for both me and my spouse having different CC numbers/accounts? She has one and I just finished my first Celebrity cruise.

We have different Captain Club numbers. We all do.  You will be recognized at her tier level for future sailings.  

Edited by davekathy

My daughter will be traveling with me in December and she has never been on ~X~.  I phoned the Captain's Club and asked if she would be getting the same Elite benefits as I will be.  He said no, but he then performed some hokus pokus, and voila!  Jennifer now has Elite status as well.  One thing he emphasized, though, was the when Jen does her check-in she should use MY address, not her own.

I suggest you phone Celebrity and see if you can get his status moved up to yours.  It's worth a try!  (I believe that in the past passengers in the same stateroom were given the status of the guest with the highest category.  It's evidently not done that way any more!)

7 minutes ago, George'sGal said:

My daughter will be traveling with me in December and she has never been on ~X~.  I phoned the Captain's Club and asked if she would be getting the same Elite benefits as I will be.  He said no, but he then performed some hokus pokus, and voila!  Jennifer now has Elite status as well.  One thing he emphasized, though, was the when Jen does her check-in she should use MY address, not her own.

I suggest you phone Celebrity and see if you can get his status moved up to yours.  It's worth a try!  (I believe that in the past passengers in the same stateroom were given the status of the guest with the highest category.  It's evidently not done that way any more!)

If she does not live with you then that is so wrong in so many ways! Tier level status is only matched if living at the same address. 

Edited by davekathy

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If she does not live with you that is so wrong in so many ways! Tier level status is only matched if living at the same address. 

Don't blame me; I didn't insist.  The gesture was made voluntarily on the CC rep's part!

I had simply phoned to ask if she was given the status.

Donna

20 minutes ago, George'sGal said:

Don't blame me; I didn't insist.  The gesture was made voluntarily on the CC rep's part!

I had simply phoned to ask if she was given the status.

Donna

I realize that and put the blame on the Captains Club rep. which should know the program.  He preformed fraud not magic. 

Edited by davekathy

10 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The CC rep probably has the authority to bend the rules.  I don’t see it as fraud.  But I don’t think anyone should think this is a precedent and should expect the same in the future.

And how do you know that?  I see it as fraud. 

Edited by davekathy

I often refer to  X cruise ships as "The Land of Yes." It's been my experience (yours may vary) that most reasonable requests that are made in a pleasant, non-demanding, non-entitled requests are met with a yes. I've found that is most cases the both the shoreside customer service staff and the crew on board are trying to make your vacation everything you hope for and do try to accommodate requests of their guests. That's not to say they will do everything you may want, but if reasonable and doable they will try to say yes. In many cases it comes down to how, who, and when you ask.

Obviously I stand alone on this which is cool. Granting someone who does not qualify for a  tier level status that has some great perks associated with it is wrong in my opinion.  So where does it stop. This is not reasonable. And some are complaining here on CC about the unlimited drinks being replaced with the three Seapass card drinks and overcrowding in the CC HH lounges. I wonder why? 

Edited by davekathy

6 hours ago, GoodScout said:

Dumb question: Is there any point for both me and my spouse having different CC numbers/accounts? She has one and I just finished my first Celebrity cruise.

Absolutely no reason not to keep your own number. Some perks like laundry and internet will double if you both have certain status. It’s automatic and costs nothing.

My guess is that elevation to Elite status would be viable only for the one cruise in question. Here's why. The number of nights you have cruised and points you have earned are carefully  tracked by Captain's Club. If you claim Elite status, but have, let's say, no earned cruise points, your actual status will be questioned.