How to transfer reservation from Celebrity to agency

M5M

We are watching prices on a cruise we have already booked for 2019.  I anticipate that there will be some better pricing over the Thanksgiving holidays, and want to take advantage.  My TA suggested I place a "hold" through Celebrity, and then transfer the booking to the TA. How will I know for sure what perks we will acquire, and which we will lose? Has anyone done this recently, how does it work? Thanks

I book all of my cruises either on line or while on the ship.    The agents I use had a form for me to sign and keeps on file so she just does her thing and I get an e-mail from celebrity that my reservation has been transferred.

You retain all the benefits from Celebrity that you are entitled to at time of booking.   Your travel agent is probably offering you something like perks or OBC's that are on top of this.    My agent prints all the perks on the confirmation that is sent to me.    I've never lost perks in the transfer.

The one thing to keep in mind is that the transfer must occur within 60 days of booking.   Remember it has to be transferred by the 60th day and if a screw up on it not transferring on the last day when Celebrity Web has a glitch they do not make exceptions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magar said:

Thanks to you both!.  I'm going to try it if the cabin we want is available in the sales, I will "hold" on X and then sort it out with my TA.

We also never let our bookings go directly to the TA when we book while onboard. In the event the TA can pass along some other perk(s) I then will have our reservation transferred to the TA. I let the TA handle all that paper work. A good TA will know exactly what to do to make it happen. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

There are a couple of ways to do this.

1) Put it on hold then get the TA to do the actual booking.  Generally this will take a 3 way call between you, your TA and Celebrity.  When the booking is on hold it's actually a celebrity booking.

2) Complete the booking (pay deposit) with celebrity then you have 60 days to work with a TA to transfer.

If the cruise is past final payment date then don't do #2 as you can't transfer a booking after final payment date.

You  can also do it by actually making the booking, not just putting it on hold.  We've always received the perks from Celebrity and then got more from our TA, especially since we are repeat customers.   Everything is done by the TA, I just sign over the permission to transfer.  

Edited by dkjretired