Pan Pacific Vancouver: Which room category?

crunchii

We're considering Pan Pacific Vancouver for our pre-cruise overnight stay. Does anyone have any advice on which room category to book for a good view of our ship in the morning?

Is Deluxe Harbour Room good enough, or do we need to go for Premier Room or Pacific Club Harbour Room to get a better view?

If you've stayed in Pan Pacific Vancouver, could you let me know which category you booked and how the view was?

Note: According to Port of Vancouver's schedule, our ship (Nieuw Amsterdam) is supposed to dock in "Canada Place West".

We always stay in Pacific Club room.  Book harbor view (not city view).  Harbor view is on west side- HAL ships usually are on west side.  

Club rooms ar e the best.  Bypass the front desk and check in on 23rd floor. Evening happy hour with heavy snacks.  Great breakfast in the morning on 23.

I have never had a Club Level Room, but I have had a room that had a view of the HAL ships docking on the side facing the float plane landing/refueling area and the Lion's Gate Bridge.  I guess that is West.  A great location!

I've never had a Pan Pacific room or hotel experience that was not worth every penny paid!

Thank you all for your response!

So sounds like the regular west-facing room (Deluxe Harbour Room, I assume) would offer the view of the ship too, but Pacific Club Harbor Room is the way to go to ensure the best view (and some extra amenities. :classic_smile:)

• 2 weeks later...

Even when not in Vancouver to board a ship we stay at this hotel now that it is our favourite. Almost always we book the Pacific Club, but the cheaper "city view" rooms. It doesn't seem worth the extra for the harbour view because we get that view from the Club lounge.  The city view rooms do, in fact, have a view of the harbour - north and east. 

The summer rates are usually shocking, but unless you book a pre-paid rate you can re-book when the rates fall, as they often do. We have booked a Club room at $630 for June. This past summer rates frequently dropped considerably a few weeks before the date.  Every time we have stayed there the rates have dropped and we re-booked - as recently as last month.

This is a minor issue, but regulars may be used to the policy of one free alcoholic drink in the Club lounge. This has been discontinued because, according to the concierge, the government says it is against the rules. It is strange that Air Canada can still give away drinks to their premium passengers in the lounges.

8 hours ago, crunchii said:

Good to know that it's possible to re-book if the rates go down! Do you call the hotel and ask for the lower price, or do you just cancel and do a new booking?

I have always called and my rate is adjusted.  One stay last year my Pacific Club room dropped $200.00

21 hours ago, crunchii said:

Good to know that it's possible to re-book if the rates go down! Do you call the hotel and ask for the lower price, or do you just cancel and do a new booking?

I have always done it on-line. (I was not impressed with their call centre when the representative denied that there was a CAA/AAA members discount which there was on-line.) I have made a new booking then cancelled the original one. The hotel now has a three-day cancellation requirement, but when the rate has dropped it has always been more than three days in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 11:54 PM, crunchii said:

Thank you all for the information! I was waiting for the price to come down a bit, but now that I know I can re-book later, I guess I can book any time. :classic_smile:

Another advantage of booking early: if the rate goes up you are protected against the increase.