MSC Tours

Giantfan13

We are cruising on MSC  in about 10 days from Barcelona.

A couple of questions on MSC tours.

All their ship tours say they need a minimum of 25 people for the tour. If they don't reach that number, are the tours cancelled?

I would assume we would receive a refund if the tours do not go?

Do they wait until the last minute to notify you that the tour is cancelled? If so, it doesn't lave you with many options to do something on your own?

Being American, are any guided tours, the guides speak English?

Cheers

Len

We sailed Western Med on MSC Seaview. The tours were very organized and well booked with multiple buses for some tours. Tours are in different languages and grouped per bus. Sometimes they combine smaller groups in one bus (German & French), tours in English are usually large. Never had a tour cancelled. I prefer MSC tours vs self-booked tours, but that is just my personal choice.

16 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

We are cruising on MSC  in about 10 days from Barcelona.

A couple of questions on MSC tours.

All their ship tours say they need a minimum of 25 people for the tour. If they don't reach that number, are the tours cancelled?

I would assume we would receive a refund if the tours do not go?

Do they wait until the last minute to notify you that the tour is cancelled? If so, it doesn't lave you with many options to do something on your own?

Being American, are any guided tours, the guides speak English?

Cheers

Len

I have had tours cancelled because of lack of numbers, we were offered the choice of an alternative tour, the tour we booked but in another language, or, a full refund. They usually let you know the evening, on a written message left in your cabin.  before if they are cancelling your tour

They usually have tours in English but some times they have tours in two languages. eg English and French, German and English.

Pete

• Like 1

Lots of English speakers so the English tours are usually the ones that run (it's a very common second language, it's the French and German speakers that often end up on the English speaking tours). If your excursion is cancelled, you will be notified like stated above. However, if you're booking a tour that appears to be somewhat popular, ie visiting the main sights in a port, and you're choosing the English speaking one, you should be fine. Like state above, in some cases, there are busloads of people speaking the same language for the same tour, and then other buses of different languages and that same tour, so you should be fine.

Worst case scenario, you're stuck trying to remember all of your high school level French for the day 😄