Ruined surprise

yummysbakery

I booked a cruise for a friend and I In January. As her Xmas present I actually booked a suite when she was expecting a balcony. I was going to put the suite luggage tags and concierge letter in a card for her at Christmas. Yesterday she called me because she received those items in the mail addressed to me but her address. My surprise and gift ruined! I am and always have been listed as the primary passenger. Get it together Ncl!

This happened last year too except with two different reservations which I can not imagine how this happened. I was booked on a back to back but with different people on each cruise. The first cruise was with friends in a balcony and the second cruise in a suite on a different ship and different people. The luggage tags for the second cruise were mailed to one of my friends on the first cruise. How is this even possible. Last year I didn’t complain this year I’m mad! 

Who did you book it with?  I would check that they have the correct information. Sometimes when you add an address of someone else included in cruise, they use the newest one and they change your info to theirs.  If you have a PCC, you could have always taken it up with them ahead of time. I book all my cruises and I always get the luggage tags sent to me because I check the confirmations.  When I added my son to our cruise, they automatically changed my address to his, but my PCC caught it. Always good to double check with whoever booked it. 

• Thanks 1

This has happened multiple times to me on Ncl. My info and 2nd passenger info has been mixed up. My Dad got the call years ago for an upgrade for a cruise my husband and I were taking. The real kicker was when I got an email from NCL regarding my upcoming cruise but they used my email address but referred to me as Margaret. That was my mother who I took on a cruise several years back. She had passed on the year before. That one did upset me. 

Your friend's address ended up in the reservation (regardless of who is primary). Either you put it there (and you ruined your own surprise) or she put it there. If she put it there during online checkin, she would have seen the suite. 

Edited by BirdTravels

lots of things to be upset with in this world: I can't understand why this is such a big deal and to be honest: 60 years of marriage and hubby has never opened my mail unless I have asked him to. In fact even junk mail is set by my eating place to be opened by me. I bet your friend is excited about you're kindness and is glad to have an early Christmas gift.. 

• Like 2

Last year I wanted to surprise my hubby with an upgrade to a Royal suite on Celebrity. Two weeks prior to embarkation we both got a welcome email from shore concierge asking our dining and stateroom bar preferences. At first I was disappointed by the ruined surprise but it turns out that his excitement for the trip grew exponentially because this was going to be a brand new experience. Had the surprise not need “ruined” he would have missed out on that precruise excitement that I had already been feeling. Like with Celebrity, I’m sure NCL meant well.  They were giving you the suite precruise treatment. For your friend, I’m sure her excitement is ever greater now!  Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

The person you should be annoyed with is your friend.

Opening your mail is uncalled for.

Even as a kid, my parents never opened my mail.  And my husband doesn't open my mail, and

I don't open his.

noticed the OP has not responded to this discussion...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, misstamster said:

noticed the OP has not responded to this discussion...

Ya ! Silly them . They came on to vent, possibly to get some sympathy or maybe just neutral posts and advice . Instead they got a bunch of hostile comments and tsk tsks . My goodness, why wouldn't they come back to experience more of this pleasure .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Ya ! Silly them . They came on to vent, possibly to get some sympathy or maybe just neutral posts and advice . Instead they got a bunch of hostile comments and tsk tsks . My goodness, why wouldn't they come back to experience more of this pleasure .

The truth at times is hard to handle.  

I agree to a point,   The majority of post that people think her “harsh”  Comments are truthful comments, people just don’t want to hear the truth. In this case NCL had nothing at all to go with ruining the sunrise yet he is mad at them, she opened the mail addressed to him, now if it was addressed to her that’s a whole different story.   

Being rude or harsh for for the sake of being harsh is unacceptable but the majority of responses I have seen on this site have been truthful and sometimes the truth hurts.  If you want someone to give you sympathy tell the story to your mother lol.

8 minutes ago, pieshops said:

I agree to a point,   The majority of post that people think her “harsh”  Comments are truthful comments, people just don’t want to hear the truth. In this case NCL had nothing at all to go with ruining the sunrise yet he is mad at them, she opened the mail addressed to him, now if it was addressed to her that’s a whole different story.   

Being rude or harsh for for the sake of being harsh is unacceptable but the majority of responses I have seen on this site have been truthful and sometimes the truth hurts.  If you want someone to give you sympathy tell the story to your mother lol.

The boards needlessly dog pile and I suspect a factor is to increase members’ post count.  I suggest CC needs better moderation.  And, it’s just not this board ... it is all over CC.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

The truth at times is hard to handle.  

The truth is that NCL should not be sending mail to the wrong address. If passenger number 2 has a different address than passenger 1, they should not sent passenger 1's mail to passenger 2's address. this should not be a difficult concept. What happens after the mail is sent does not change the fact that NCL sent it to the wrong address.

• Thanks 1