When do entertainment reservations start for future cruises on Symphony?

I have a post-Easter April cruise on Symphony booked for my family of 4 and I'm anticipating deals on Black Friday for shore excursions, dining, and perhaps drink packages that I'd like to book. Having once before cruised on the Allure I know that the entertainment "shows" are a big deal on these ships, at least for my family, so I'd like to plan speciality dining etc. around the show days and times. It doesn't appear there is anyway to book or see when Entertainment is scheduled for the April cruise, when does this typically become available? If I book reduced rate dining or other options on Black Friday can I later change the times and dates of the dining reservations while keeping the reduced rates? Thanks, my kids haven't cruised in about 3-4 years and are older now (13/10) so we'd like to really create a big blowout vacation out of this next cruise and we know how planning is useful on these ships. Thanks!

Symphony’s entertainment has been released later than most and has been somewhere around 60-75 days prior to sailing.  Whether this will change based on her now being in the US is unclear.

With the purchase of any dining package you cannot select the times or locations of when you want to dine other than the first night where you decide the time only.  

I typically book speciality dining around the shows and since they aren't going to be released for a long time it seems can I book any "sales" on Black Friday and then change the times later? I won't buy dining "packages" as we want to have a set time and schedule in advance of the ship but can I safely book a time now for a particular venue (it is 155 days till sailing on the Symphony and I *already* am allowed to book speciality dining dates and times on my cruise planner!) and then just have the option of changing it (at the same pricing) to another date/time once I have the entertainment booked?

24 minutes ago, canyonblue737 said:

I typically book speciality dining around the shows and since they aren't going to be released for a long time it seems can I book any "sales" on Black Friday and then change the times later? I won't buy dining "packages" as we want to have a set time and schedule in advance of the ship but can I safely book a time now for a particular venue (it is 155 days till sailing on the Symphony and I *already* am allowed to book speciality dining dates and times on my cruise planner!) and then just have the option of changing it (at the same pricing) to another date/time once I have the entertainment booked?

We have done that in the past

27 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

We have done that in the past

thanks, if they have any deals this black friday on individual reservations (i have a suspicion it will be on the packages and BOGO's which offer much less flexibility than i want) i'll book something and hopefully be able to move it around (subject to availability) at the same price once they allow entertainment reservations.

Entertainment booking (shows) for our January 5th sailing opened 46 days before sailing on web site (Cruise Planner / Entertainment) but not showing up in app yet.

Symphony of the Seas departing 01/05/2019

For anyone interested, shows available to pre-book on the first day bookings opened were:

Miami

8:45 PM

9:00 PM

9:30 PM

10:30 PM

10:45 PM

Hiro

Comedy

Hairspray

Comedy

Hiro

At Sea

8:30 PM

Comedy

Hairspray

Comedy

At Sea

9:30 PM

Hairspray

Comedy

Hiro

Comedy

St Kitts

Hiro

Comedy

Comedy

Hiro

St Thomas

Flight

At Sea

Flight

Comedy

Comedy

Flight

Nassau

Miami

On 11/18/2018 at 6:52 AM, canyonblue737 said:

On our Symphony cruise two weeks ago entertainment opened 50 days before sailing.  We had the BOGO and the 5 night package, had absolutely no problem booking the 7 nights at the times, days, and restaurants we wanted. All our reservations were for 8 - 8:30. There were long lines at most restaurants for making reservations on embarkation day.  We went up to Wonderland and made all our reservations for the 12 nights within 15 minutes.  On Symphony they no longer make a first night reservation for you, at least on our cruise that was the policy.  Book your Aqua show for early in the week as that is the one show they seem to cancel. 

On 11/18/2018 at 9:11 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

111days (March 9) and still nothing.  I have been checking daily, will continue to do so - probably for a long time before it becomes available, but it is too important to slack off now.

Updated to say that entertainment was available for reservations on November 21, or 108 days in advance.

Anyone able to pre-book the Headliner?  We could on our Allure cruise but similar to example above, it is not listed in our cruise planner.  Our cruise as well has nothing on last evening which is odd.

Edited by LuCruise