Need help with Cruise line site redirecting me to UK

Hi all, I am so confused.  Several weeks ago out of nowhere when I visit the Cunard Australia site it now always redirects me to the UK site (in the past I thought that would be a good thing, but now not so sure).  I cannot get to the Australia site at all now.  I have tried looking up suggestions to fix it on the web and CC, but thought someone here may be able to help or at least send me in the correct direction.  I have tried clearing cookies and restarting, etc. Also, FYI, I am a low-medium computer literate person.  One more thing, this is ONLY on the Cuanrd site, no other sites are affected.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Edited by alibabacruisers

Hi alibabacruisers,

sorry to hear about your trouble with Cunard Aus. We booked our cruise on QM2 direct with them this year and had no problems with the Aussie web site. Could just be your settings as Belmont Babe said, or Cunard are doing website maintenance perhaps?

Try ringing them maybe. Hope this helps:

Cunard Ph: 13 24 41 

Rose

Edited by Porky55

Thanks for both of your comments.  If my computer thought I lived in the UK though, it would happen on all sites, but it is just Cunard.  This happened several weeks ago and ever since then I cannot get on to the Aus Cunard site, so I can't imagine that maintenance would be going on for that long.

I have emailed the Cunard UK site to see if something has changed and hope to hear back soon.

35 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

Thanks for both of your comments.  If my computer thought I lived in the UK though, it would happen on all sites, but it is just Cunard.  This happened several weeks ago and ever since then I cannot get on to the Aus Cunard site, so I can't imagine that maintenance would be going on for that long.

I have emailed the Cunard UK site to see if something has changed and hope to hear back soon.

You could try installing a second browser and see what happens on it.

If you have Firefox, try Chrome or visa versa.

Don't import anything from the old browser to the new browser.

If the Cunard site works OK on the new browser, then you know that it is a problem with your old browser.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

15 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

You could try installing a second browser and see what happens on it.

If you have Firefox, try Chrome or visa versa.

Don't import anything from the old browser to the new browser.

If the Cunard site works OK on the new browser, then you know that it is a problem with your old browser.

I use Edge, but did try IE and it was the same.  Thanks for the suggestion.

14 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Thanks Carole for the link, but it redirected to the UK again.

It still sounds like their site is detecting you at another location, which usually comes from your IP address.

Visit this site, and see whether you get any non-Australia results. Especially UK, but it may also be other countries that are still defaulting to the UK on Cunard.

https://www.iplocation.net/

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

It still sounds like their site is detecting you at another location, which usually comes from your IP address.

Visit this site, and see whether you get any non-Australia results. Especially UK, but it may also be other countries that are still defaulting to the UK on Cunard.

OP, if that's the case and you are picking up an address from a faulty IP range, turn off your modem for 30 minutes or so and then see if it picks up a different IP address when you turn it back on.

Other than that give your Internet Provider a call.

20 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Thank you for that interesting link!  But, it says Australia.  I still think it is very strange that only the Cunard site redirects to UK and no other site does that!

18 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

I haven’t tried Cunard, but I have been having similar sort of issues with the Princess site. Even though I type princess.com.au it often takes me to the US site and shows me their promotions which we cannot access. Very annoying.

I understand your pain and agree that it is certainly annoying!

At other times I have often wanted to see pricing in UK or US but can never get the sites of those countries to come up.  But now I guess this is my come-uppance (if that is a word).

8 hours ago, Gnomey said:

Hi Barbara, try:  

https://www.cunardline.com.au/

You may need to copy and paste the address. Hope it works for you.

Steve.

Hi Steve,  I tried both clocking on the link and copy and paste, both of which yielded the same result - UK site.  Thanks for trying.