Baoshan VISA lines

clojacks

The question is: which kind of visa are you talking about?

If you qualify for the 144 hr. transit rule, you do not get a visa at all but rather go through immigrations with the necessary documents and all you receive is a transit sticker in your passport. The process itself is pretty swift but it can take a while until all the people are off the ship and through immigration. It took us almost two hours at one time.

If you are talking about the "new" 15 day tourist visa then you have to be received by a legitimate Chinese travel agency at the port. The local Chinese travel agency must be registered in mainland China. If they arrange you to go through immigrations it might be faster.

19 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

The question is: which kind of visa are you talking about?

If you qualify for the 144 hr. transit rule, you do not get a visa at all but rather go through immigrations with the necessary documents and all you receive is a transit sticker in your passport. The process itself is pretty swift but it can take a while until all the people are off the ship and through immigration. It took us almost two hours at one time.

If you are talking about the "new" 15 day tourist visa then you have to be received by a legitimate Chinese travel agency at the port. The local Chinese travel agency must be registered in mainland China. If they arrange you to go through immigrations it might be faster.

I'm referring to the 144 hour Transit "Visa", which I think is how it's pretty universally being referred to on our Roll Call. I've heard anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, which, if scheduling private pickup, gets a little difficult. I guess the key is going to be get off early and in the line quick.