Flight costs

Gazerbo

I booked a cruise with P&O. I followed the links to book flight seats. Eventually got them book after speaking to P&O. £30 each way. I then had to contact TUI to book airport assistance. They told me they would have charged £15 each way!!! Watch out. I have complained and waiting P&O response. I am disgusted.

P&O chartered? the aircraft from TUI airlines so they could charge what they wanted. I reserved seats on a TUI Dreamliner for my next cruise on Marella and was charged £10 each way. Marella is also a TUI associated company which probably helped.. They are both owned by TUI Group, a German company

50 minutes ago, Gazerbo said:

Thanks for the reply. 

My point is that P&O have added a 100% surcharge. That’s a disgrace irrespective price variance. I could understand if it added a small charge. And told you! 

Shhhhh

let me share a tiny secret with you.

P&O is a public company which makes a profit. Everything they sell to you is marked up. From the sodas and beers, to the excursions and souvenirs. Get this,,, they don’t tell about these mark ups either.

its a scam I tell you, it’s a scam.

You're this upset because you paid 15 pounds more for your flight? I can't wait until you see the prices for the other extras you'll encounter. Companies can charge whatever they want. You can choose to pay it or look elsewhere.

6 hours ago, Gazerbo said:

I booked a cruise with P&O. I followed the links to book flight seats. Eventually got them book after speaking to P&O. £30 each way. I then had to contact TUI to book airport assistance. They told me they would have charged £15 each way!!! Watch out. I have complained and waiting P&O response. I am disgusted.

Book cruise - yes!

Book seat - extra - yes!

Book assistance - extra- yes!

What's your problem?  You want it then you pay for it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

My personal rule: Cruise companies don't book my flights. Airlines don't book my cruises.

This is a British poster. Booking a package is very common there, especially for the more mass market lines. Also, the British laws about what the companies can and can't do are very different than ours.

21 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

This is a British poster. Booking a package is very common there, especially for the more mass market lines. Also, the British laws about what the companies can and can't do are very different than ours.

The UK package holiday rules are beneficial for cruise passengers. The package typically includes flights, transfers and the cruise. If your flight is delayed the ship will wait or if it has to sail you will get to the ship at the next opportunity, all at the cruise lines expense. You have the option to book cruise only and arrange your own flights but the ship won't wait.

Cruise flights to the Caribbean are typically charters with all the passengers going on the cruise. The check in cases will probably be bonded which means after you check them in at the UK airport the next time you see them will be outside your cabin on the ship. Arrival in the Caribbean is easy too, no arrival formalities, just straight off the plane, onto a coach and away to the cruise terminal.