Trying Azamara....solo of course!

Lois R

Hi folks,  I just booked a cruise on Azamara (solo of course).  First time trying them and looking forward to it:classic_biggrin:. I love the size of the ship (smaller) and this itinerary looks great too.

Sailing out Manhattan, going to Bermuda and Charleston! Been to both places before and love them both:classic_biggrin:.   I have read good things about the cruiseline over the years. Now it is the waiting game.  The cruise is in April so have to get through the next few months!

Hi Lois, 

Have sailed on Azamara three times as a solo and loved each trip! Never once felt awkward or that I was being treated less favorably. Looking at another cruise for next year now. Think you will have a phenomenal time!

10 minutes ago, kek123 said:

Hi Lois, 

Have sailed on Azamara three times as a solo and loved each trip! Never once felt awkward or that I was being treated less favorably. Looking at another cruise for next year now. Think you will have a phenomenal time!

Thanks so much:classic_biggrin: trying to decide on a hotel in NYC!

I did one Azamara transatlantic a while back and really enjoyed it.  I'm sure you'll have a good time.  If I could ever find a price even approaching what I paid for that cruise I'd be back on Azamara in a heartbeat.  The only downside was the tiny showers with the clingy shower curtain--these are some of the old Renaissance ships though they are well maintained and I think they have refurbished them since my cruise so maybe the showers have doors instead now?

Enjoy!  🙂

Lois, Congratulations on booking with Azamara.  Hopefully you will enjoy them as much as your last two SilverSea cruises.  I am actually leaving for a solo cruise next week.  I have been sailing with HAL for the last five years but I am going back to NCL again.  I started sailing on HAL when NCL started focusing on the bigger ships which I am not a fan of.  The start is not the best but hopefully everything will work out.  I am doing a partial Panama canal transit on the Jade.  As you may have heard on these forums, the Jade broke down last week in San Juan, PR, and had to cancel most of their cruise.  She is back in Miami being worked on now.  We were supposed to sail to Cartagena, Colombia on Monday but I got an email yesterday that they would not be sailing until Tuesday and would be dropping Cartagena from the itinerary.  I have been to Cartagena on a previous full transit cruise of the canal so I won't really miss it.  Hopefully everything else will go much better than the start.  Actually since I am on a cruise ship for 11 days, and not at work, I don't think I will complain too much no matter what happens.  Take Care.  Neil

Hi Neil:classic_smile: hope you had a good Thanksgiving.  Nope, I have not heard about The Jade...…...hope things go ok.  I haven't been on the computer in about 5 days as I was away for the holiday and never logged on here.  (just got home last night).

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:06 PM, Lois R said:

Hi Neil:classic_smile: hope you had a good Thanksgiving.  Nope, I have not heard about The Jade...…...hope things go ok.  I haven't been on the computer in about 5 days as I was away for the holiday and never logged on here.  (just got home last night).

Just got back last night.  Great cruise, although we did spend an extra day in Miami for repairs and then skipped Cartagena, Colombia.  Weather was nice and the ship had no problems at all.  The only bad thing was leaving that 80 Degrees and coming back to Minnesota.  It is 2 F this morning, so a pretty big change for sure.  Neil

Edited by travelnap

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:22 PM, bottomfeeder said:

I did one Azamara transatlantic a while back and really enjoyed it.  I'm sure you'll have a good time.  If I could ever find a price even approaching what I paid for that cruise I'd be back on Azamara in a heartbeat.  The only downside was the tiny showers with the clingy shower curtain--these are some of the old Renaissance ships though they are well maintained and I think they have refurbished them since my cruise so maybe the showers have doors instead now?

Enjoy!  🙂

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I think there are still shower curtains in the cabins (from what I have read) unless you book a suite.

I am sure I will be fine:classic_smile:

Booked on Azamara Journey in March going to Cozumel and Cuba with a couple sea days on the trip. Can't wait! Has been a very long time since I was in Cozumel and Cuba had been on my list of places to go for a very long time.

On 11/21/2018 at 1:22 PM, bottomfeeder said:

Enjoy!  🙂

The Oceania Insignia (class-mate of the Azamara ships),  just started its first cruise after a rehab, and there is a live from thread on the O board, with photo's showing O has replaced the shower curtains with doors...