Shopping onboard- Tissot watches

floralscent

Yes, I did see women's Tissot watches on the Reflection as well as Rolex, Breathing and Omega.

I am a watch collector and can't resist looking at watches.

But, I would advise you to to purchase on your cruise.

They advertise sales but they are marked up so high that when they are on sale you are not saving anything, even duty free.

I would advise you to buy at ports, you can negotiate prices.

Just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

Yes, I did see women's Tissot watches on the Reflection as well as Rolex, Breathing and Omega.

I am a watch collector and can't resist looking at watches.

But, I would advise you to to purchase on your cruise.

They advertise sales but they are marked up so high that when they are on sale you are not saving anything, even duty free.

I would advise you to buy at ports, you can negotiate prices.

Just my opinion.

I think you've given good advice. There's no bargains on the ship on jewelry or watch prices. The only advantage I can see is the use of OBC does reduce the out of pocket cost. Otherwise you're generally better off in port. Also OP should remember that large on board purchases are reported by the ship, so remember to declare your on board purchases. People sometimes forget about reporting purchases they made on the ship.

Sorry for the typos, I meant Breitling and "NOT TO BUY ON CRUISE SHIP".

I purchased an Omega in St.Thomas and it was less expensive than than on board ship during a so called sale.

Plus, I got an extra gift of a nice women's bangle.

You can find much better prices on land than on the ships.  I recently purchased a Tissot for myself and got it for just over 1/2 what they wanted for it on the ship.  Saved about $400 over what the ship wanted.

Tissot is a decent brand.  But we would not purchase that, or any other decent brand, on a cruise ship.  There is no "after the sale" service if things go wrong.  You will be on your own with the watch warranty service.  If you purchase at home you have some recourse to go back to the store... and in many cases you can even return items if there is an issue.

The other issue is price!   Do some online and local research before your cruise and learn the prices (and terms) for the item you are seeking.  In many cases you will find the price onboard is actually higher or about the same as you can get from some shops (and online sellers) at home.  These days there are some amazing online deals from very reputable jewelers which often beats what you get on cruise lines with some promise of after the sale service (if needed).

Hank

Tissot  can be found in so many shops in the islands. Remember to bring the model number of The watch you're interested in and go to town.  As others have advised, the ship is no place to buy really good watches or jewelry. But a more modest purchase might be justified if OBC is involved