Cruise Critic Community
topcruz

Walking Directions to Boatyard

Leave the port area parking lot and keep the water on your right - depending upon how fast you walk you will be there in 20-30 min.

We just got off the ship today and walked to Boatyard this week. It is an easy, safe walk. The only part I was a little nervous about is when walking out of  the port area you will see about 50 taxis all offering you a ride. When you tell them you are going to walk they laugh or say you can’t do that or is miles away. It is not. Once you get out of the port area, it is a nice walk along the water.

5267FF71-AEEF-4E87-81FF-C17966B99670.png

F891E95D-9832-4BE0-BF3F-DD321D8C51A5.png

Also, the price is now $25 a person, not $20. I think they just raised it last week (lucky us). Not a deal breaker and still worth it, but thought I should mention it.

On 11/25/2018 at 7:13 PM, FlaMommy75 said:

We just got off the ship today and walked to Boatyard this week. It is an easy, safe walk. The only part I was a little nervous about is when walking out of  the port area you will see about 50 taxis all offering you a ride. When you tell them you are going to walk they laugh or say you can’t do that or is miles away. It is not. Once you get out of the port area, it is a nice walk along the water.

5267FF71-AEEF-4E87-81FF-C17966B99670.png

F891E95D-9832-4BE0-BF3F-DD321D8C51A5.png

Thanks for this!! Based on your profile pic...... did the kids make the walk with you? And were they able to take advantage of the boatyard activities? 

On 9/16/2019 at 9:52 AM, NateUpNorth said:

Thanks for this!! Based on your profile pic...... did the kids make the walk with you? And were they able to take advantage of the boatyard activities? 

I totally just laughed out loud when I looked at my profile pic and realized I have been on CC for awhile now because my kids are now 15 and 13. Wow, time flies! Anyways, they were 14 and 12 when we did the walk and were fine (and my daughter complains a lot).

Oh, and all ages were on the rope swing. I saw really young children swinging and they had life jackets to swim out to the trampoline.

Edited by FlaMommy75

On 9/17/2019 at 10:30 AM, FlaMommy75 said:

I totally just laughed out loud when I looked at my profile pic and realized I have been on CC for awhile now because my kids are now 15 and 13. Wow, time flies! Anyways, they were 14 and 12 when we did the walk and were fine (and my daughter complains a lot).

Oh, and all ages were on the rope swing. I saw really young children swinging and they had life jackets to swim out to the trampoline.

LOL. That is funny!

Mine will be 9 and 6, but I'm thinking I'll put them through the ordeal of walking if the estimated distance of 950m is correct. Thanks!

We have walked there from port and took us about 20-30 minutes not the 12 as suggested unless you are a very fast walker.  It is a nice flat walk along the waterfront.  We were not planning on going there but ended up there.  We plan to actually go there when we sail in December.

On 9/28/2019 at 5:27 PM, gfkcruiser said:

We have walked there from port and took us about 20-30 minutes not the 12 as suggested unless you are a very fast walker.  It is a nice flat walk along the waterfront.  We were not planning on going there but ended up there.  We plan to actually go there when we sail in December.

20-30 mins along the waterfront sounds like a nice walk.

We dock at 8, Boatyard opens at 9. Seeing as the kids usually make us "early risers" the timing might be perfect!

One place I would not waste 20-30 minutes of my time walking is Barbados.  Well worth the $5/pp we spent on the taxi to the Boatyard last month.  We were so spoiled by being the only ship in port that day & 78 degree high (water was still warm).  Best beach by far on our trip.

17 hours ago, soonernstlouis said:

One place I would not waste 20-30 minutes of my time walking is Barbados.  Well worth the $5/pp we spent on the taxi to the Boatyard last month.  We were so spoiled by being the only ship in port that day & 78 degree high (water was still warm).  Best beach by far on our trip.

Magnificent!!

If we walk it will because we're up early and we'll still end up at the Boatyard for the time they open. Oh the perils of kids who wake up early. *sigh* But we do want to be there early to get our names on the list for the boat trip out to snorkel with the turtles.

Getting there early also ensures that you can get front row loungers - easier to watch your kids on the water toys while you sip on one more "shark bite" 😎