JADE CRUISE CANCELED DURING CRUISE

We were on the 1030am flight but were delayed 3 hours. Just arrived and there were a lot of ncl people here to meet us by the luggage. We are on their shuttle heading to the port. Looks like 2 hotel shuttles too. They offered us a hotel for the night but will try to make the 8 hour ride tonight. Good luck to everyone getting home soon and safe.

Rob

• Like 1

We are at San Juan airport. Were advised we were on a 6pm flight out. Check in system is down so no one is moving at all. We are being told the plane and crew are ready and they are seeing if they can revert to a manual check in process but that it will take time. Departures screen now shows a 9pm departure time but who knows what time the flights will actually leave. 

No communication announcements - this is the info from the NCL rep on the ground. 

ok, I am going to post first, and then I am going to read the thread.

We just got home in Atlanta 2 hours ago. It took 24 hours from the moment we got the notice. We were lucky to be on the first charter flight out. Got a notice at 12:10 (well, mom got the letter, and we never got one, but when I went to inquire about it, they told me we were on the same 4 pm plane). Hours of standing on the pier, sitting in the bus, sitting in the bus on tarmac, sitting on the plane....

Got to Miami at 7:30 pm, missed our 8:30 pm connection, Norwegian reserved and paid for a bunch of hotel rooms (we were in Hilton, others in Pullman). Got a 10 am flight MIA-ATL, the rest of the trip was uneventful.

We are lucky, because there were people who traveled from Europe and Australia (!) to be on this cruise. At least we are a 2 hour flight away from Miami.

Some people are updating the roll call, I guess.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 11:04 AM, evandbob said:

So everyone has to stay on board the ship until flight arrangements are made and then they all have to be off the ship ASAP?

BTW, being in a US Territory, my cell phone service (Verizon) always worked fine.  I could get texts, data and calls no problem, so  cruise line announcements on departure plans would be received via my phone.

nothing was communicated by phone. We've got ATT.

On 11/19/2018 at 2:15 PM, pieshops said:

This situation is a perfect example of why good travel insurance is a must.

We were on the Dawn a few years back at Thanksgiving when we lost engines and were adrift for a day , we regained a bit of power but limped into San Juan.  Luckily this happened 2 days before the end of the cruise.  NCL Arranged flights for us but it took 3-4 days to get all out as it was Holiday time.   We were allowed to stay on the ship if we wanted.

We opted to book our own flights and stay a few days in San Juan, Insurance covered it all

Norwegian is covering $650 pp for flights/flight changes, so we don't even have to touch the insurance. Thankfully, Norwegian paid for the hotel and our flights back home were $674 for the 4 of us, so eventually and hopefully, Norwegian will reimburse us as promised.

ETA: I didn't even think of meal reimbursement. We got insurance through Chase credit card and the minimum $25 pp Norwegian insurance. I'll have to research this further.

I have just noticed a $300 charge on Nov 17 on my credit card by Norwegian. I am concerned because we didn't buy ANYTHING at all. My mom has the same $300 charge on her credit card. What the hell is it?

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Here are the flights I still see headed to MIA tonight:

World Atlantic Airlines #903  MD83   5:30pm – 7:06pm

Atlas Air #8063 B763                           6:00pm  (255 more seats)

Eastern #8002 B762                             9:00pm – 10:36pm (218 seats)

Miami Air International #696 B738    9:50pm - 11:28pm (Either 168 or 118)

Hoping more flights come!!!!

4 minutes ago, ricflyer said:

Here are the flights I still see headed to MIA tonight:

World Atlantic Airlines #903  MD83   5:30pm – 7:06pm

Atlas Air #8063 B763                           6:00pm  (255 more seats)

Eastern #8002 B762                             9:00pm – 10:36pm (218 seats)

Miami Air International #696 B738    9:50pm - 11:28pm (Either 168 or 118)

Hoping more flights come!!!!

We were told we were going out on an Omni flight at 10:30p. 

7 minutes ago, CruisinfromCO said:

We were told we were going out on an Omni flight at 10:30p. 

I see an Omni flight # 330 landing at SJU at 11:15pm tonight (2 hours and 30 minutes late). They are not showing a scheduled departure yet.

30 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I have just noticed a $300 charge on Nov 17 on my credit card by Norwegian. I am concerned because we didn't buy ANYTHING at all. My mom has the same $300 charge on her credit card. What the hell is it?

This is on our credit card too. Any ideas? 

It ended up taking us 24 hours to get home yesterday from disembarking the ship, waiting for the first charter flight out, catching our flight to New Orleans and then driving 3 hours home. Any updates on passengers still waiting in San Juan and flights for them? 

Thanks to everyone who posted information here over the last couple of days! It truly was so helpful to us.

• Like 1

Just now, Jolie said:

This is on our credit card too. Any ideas? 

It ended up taking us 24 hours to get home yesterday from disembarking the ship, waiting for the first charter flight out, catching our flight to New Orleans and then driving 3 hours home. Any updates on passengers still waiting in San Juan and flights for them? 

Thanks to everyone who posted information here over the last couple of days! It truly was so helpful to us.

I was just told by a fellow CC member that it's a standard hold. My mom has the same charge, and other people on the roll call as well.

It took us exactly 24 hours to get home. Our friends, however, I have no idea. They've got 2 kids and elderly parents traveling with them.

36 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Standard hold that they put on your card on embarkation day to make sure you have credit available.  It should eventually disappear but you should first see your actual final charges post (unless NCL is comping board account charges as part of the compensation).

On 11/19/2018 at 6:11 PM, Aviator of the Seas said:

I must say that this is a monumental effort on the part of NCL and its contractors, both in SJU and MIA, to get everyone home as fast as possible.  Not an easy task.  At all.  Thank you to everyone for being as kind as possible to the crews: ship, shore or air.  They are working very hard to make the best out of a very complicated situation.

I must agree. Although not everyone was nice and pleasant. I've seen plenty of irate people, and they were already on the first charter!!! Just sit your butt down and wait for the take off. No reason to yell at the non-NCL or NCL personnel. They are doing everything they can.

However, the lack of information or any NCL reps from the moment we left the ship and until Miami airport was alarming and, honestly, bad business. We received conflicting info from the officers onboard. The hotel director was telling us one thing, and right next to him the asst hotel director was telling us something different. Then one of them told us hotels are on us, but my husband got information that the hotel was covered for the night in Miami... Sure enough, it was.