JADE CRUISE CANCELED DURING CRUISE

2 hours ago, Deane76 said:

I was on this ship last week when it ran aground in the harbor in Panama. I would venture to bet this was the cause of the propulsion and steering issue. 

Can you provide more info about this pleas? Very curious if this is what caused our dilemma. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Misty81 said:

Now the 10.30 is over subscribed.  They need 65 volunteers to get off.  Full meals in old San Juan hotel and $500 pp.  flight tomorrow at 12 noon.

The Omni flight, since it was delayed coming into San Juan, could not get clearance to depart tonight so that flight is cancelled and the same airplane will depart SJu at noon tomorrow.  These passengers (purple tags) are being sent to the El San Juan Hotel to overnight, then a mid-morning-sh transfer back to the airport for their second go at MIA.

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Norwegian is covering $650 pp for flights/flight changes, so we don't even have to touch the insurance. Thankfully, Norwegian paid for the hotel and our flights back home were $674 for the 4 of us, so eventually and hopefully, Norwegian will reimburse us as promised.

ETA: I didn't even think of meal reimbursement. We got insurance through Chase credit card and the minimum $25 pp Norwegian insurance. I'll have to research this further.

I have just noticed a $300 charge on Nov 17 on my credit card by Norwegian. I am concerned because we didn't buy ANYTHING at all. My mom has the same $300 charge on her credit card. What the hell is it?

Is it a charge or a hold?  When you checked in, they lightly put a hold on the card for possible charges during the cruise.  That isn't uncommon.  A hold should drop off within 24-48 hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jolie said:

Thank you!

I do see 3 charges that are listed on my credit card as still pending from NCL...but for small amounts on overages on glasses of wine, etc.

Could someone explain how the refund, credit for future cruise works...I’ve never been in this situation before. I thought I saw where someone received their refund already...

I've never had one before but I've seen several people talk about it..  It will just show up as a form of payment in your profile the same was Cruise Next Certificates show up.

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

well, I just got an email from NCL about my cruise cancellation.  In the letter the $25 pp insurance premium was refunded as well as the cruise fare. So, does that mean I don't have the basic Norwegian insurance?

Anything over and above that is up to your own insurance.

you are right. The only thing over and above that is a $70 dinner, and I don't think it's worth all the paperwork.

silly me, it just occurred to me that the basic insurance premium refund of $100 completely covered the $72 meal and then some. I am usually quicker on my feet... Must be a couple of sleepless nights. 

OK, I am off to sleep now, in my own bed. It's very nice to sleep in my own bed. :)

Good luck to the rest of the Jade travelers! Safe and smooth travel home to you all!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bravestwj said:

I got the same email.  They refunded the cruise fare, cruise next certificate, prepaid gratuities and prepaid spa pass.  They didn't refund my prepaid soda package, but I'm calling about that now.

I haven't received any email at all. Anyone else?

I haven't heard anything at all from NCL

I haven't received any email at all. Anyone else?

I haven't heard anything at all from NCL

One possibility is that NCL does not have your email and have communicated with your Travel Agent.  My first stop would be with them and then if they haven't heard anything try Miami direct.

12 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Norwegian is covering $650 pp for flights/flight changes, so we don't even have to touch the insurance. Thankfully, Norwegian paid for the hotel and our flights back home were $674 for the 4 of us, so eventually and hopefully, Norwegian will reimburse us as promised.

ETA: I didn't even think of meal reimbursement. We got insurance through Chase credit card and the minimum $25 pp Norwegian insurance. I'll have to research this further.

I have just noticed a $300 charge on Nov 17 on my credit card by Norwegian. I am concerned because we didn't buy ANYTHING at all. My mom has the same $300 charge on her credit card. What the hell is it?

$300 ish is what they normally do  preauth for.

• Like 1

I am constantly checking my emails and nothing. This was a pretty traumatic experience for me... never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would have to FLY!  I normally fly with anxiety prescription medication of which I had no time to obtain since I had to pack(fam of 4) and debarked in ten minutes. The flight was terrifying... but I’m glad we made it home, late but safe and sound. I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving and great stories to tell on your thanksgiving table!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tatiana84 said:

I am constantly checking my emails and nothing. This was a pretty traumatic experience for me... never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would have to FLY!  I normally fly with anxiety prescription medication of which I had no time to obtain since I had to pack(fam of 4) and debarked in ten minutes. The flight was terrifying... but I’m glad we made it home, late but safe and sound. I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving and great stories to tell on your thanksgiving table!

I feel for you. There was quite a bit of turbulence. Since you are anxious about flying, you must have been terrified... I am glad it's over now!

28 minutes ago, Tatiana84 said:

Hopefully you never have to go through this again, but if you ever are, send someone down to medical to get you anti-anxiety meds.

• Like 1

We received our cancellation letter from NCL yesterday too with the amount we will be credited.  Our CRUISENEXT certificates have already posted to our NCL account, but our credit is not showing on our credit card as of this moment.  

A few questions:

Can anyone confirm that the Jade ran aground on the Panama cruise the week before ours, as someone had posted in this link?

How about any update on where the Jade currently is?

How is the situation with all of the passengers still waiting on flights last night and today?

17 minutes ago, Jolie said:

We received our cancellation letter from NCL yesterday too with the amount we will be credited.  Our CRUISENEXT certificates have already posted to our NCL account, but our credit is not showing on our credit card as of this moment.  

A few questions:

Can anyone confirm that the Jade ran aground on the Panama cruise the week before ours, as someone had posted in this link?

How about any update on where the Jade currently is?

How is the situation with all of the passengers still waiting on flights last night and today?

Can i ask, what is the percentage of credit we will be getting? Is it 100% by what you paid? 

I still have yet to receive any email. My travel agent either. 

2 hours ago, steph03a said:

Can i ask, what is the percentage of credit we will be getting? Is it 100% by what you paid? 

I still have yet to receive any email. My travel agent either. 

They sent me a PDF file with my Cancellation Invoice and it shows all of my deposits made towards the cruise and the dates I paid them, refunds for my shore excursions I had paid for in advance, and the return of our CRUISENEXT deposits. I just compared to my original payment receipts and the refund is for 100% of what I paid in advance.  However, it has not posted to my credit card yet.  

Now, my question is...they are also going to apply 100% that same amount to a future cruise, right?  When and where do we get or find that amount applied to our account?  On our online NCL account where our CRUISENEXT deposits are?

Thanks again for everybody being so helpful during this ordeal.

27 minutes ago, Jolie said:

They sent me a PDF file with my Cancellation Invoice and it shows all of my deposits made towards the cruise and the dates I paid them, refunds for my shore excursions I had paid for in advance, and the return of our CRUISENEXT deposits. I just compared to my original payment receipts and the refund is for 100% of what I paid in advance.  However, it has not posted to my credit card yet.  

Now, my question is...they are also going to apply 100% that same amount to a future cruise, right?  When and where do we get or find that amount applied to our account?  On our online NCL account where our CRUISENEXT deposits are?

Thanks again for everybody being so helpful during this ordeal.

The future cruise credit is for 100% of the cruise fare (not including taxes/gratuities/etc.) from what I've read from several people...  So in essence, if you're base cruise fare was $999 for instance, you get a credit of $999 towards another cruise.

• Like 1