Port closed due to fog?? Embarkation day

niciediva007

Update: can’t board til 4pm. All I can think is that 4000 other passengers who have also been waiting will arrive at 4pm and it will be bonkers! At least we don’t have to wait 24 hours as some have said. 

Lets hope FTTF will allow us a slight advantage here. We have two kids and a slightly immobile senior citizen with us. 

6FFA19BD-9C71-4B90-8092-D91E2238F568.png

• Like 1

Well, glad you will be able to board eventually!  4pm is annoyingly late, but still better than the whole day being canceled.

Do let us know how it goes (when you get back - disconnect while on board!), and whether any "compensation" was offered (I wouldn't expect any myself, but I'm sure someone will cry about their cruise being ruined, nay completely and utterly destroyed, by this delay).

• Like 2

if everyone does not have to worry about arrival time, you will probably be able to get a refund on the FTTF since for this step it will be useless. If you get to board ahead of people without fttf then maybe there is value but im not sure there will be value for you with checking in

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, glad you will be able to board eventually!  4pm is annoyingly late, but still better than the whole day being canceled.

Do let us know how it goes (when you get back - disconnect while on board!), and whether any "compensation" was offered (I wouldn't expect any myself, but I'm sure someone will cry about their cruise being ruined, nay completely and utterly destroyed, by this delay).

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree! We’ve decided to place a positive outlook on everything that comes our way these next few days. It could always be worse! 

I am am not expecting compensation, and I won’t complain, but I won’t balk if they add a little OBC to our account! I can’t only imagine this ups the stress for everyone, passengers and crew alike. Imagine the room stewards who need to turnover the rooms? I’m going to have to wipe down everything with bleach wipes bc I imagine things will get missed in the melee. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

if everyone does not have to worry about arrival time, you will probably be able to get a refund on the FTTF since for this step it will be useless. If you get to board ahead of people without fttf then maybe there is value but im not sure there will be value for you with checking in

Maybe they’ll prorate it. We plan to use FTTF in some other places as well so I doubt a full refund is warranted. Would be nice though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, niciediva007 said:

Okay this is helpful. We have FTTF so I am thinking that more than ever this purchase will be useful. Though I’m sure all the FTTF and Plat/Diamond members will be converging at the same time. 

I agree with you.  This sounds like a time when FTTF was a smart purchase, if you even get to use it.  

Edited by LuckyStar
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Problem is will be dark when you go under the Dames Point Bridge.  Will be lovely, but not as spectacular as in daylight.  EM

I did see that on You Tube so I’m sorry to miss it. Oh well. I really just hope the lines aren’t horrible when we arrive at port.

• Like 1

My friend is on the arriving cruise and is still on the ship (at 3:24pm EST).  It's going to be a crazy day.  She has rebooked for a flight tonight but if they don't get off soon, who knows with the Thanksgiving holiday travel.  Good luck to those delayed today.  Coming or going, it's never fun.

Y'all have such a refreshingly pleasant attitude that I just must commend!  I just know that all in your party will have a wonderful time starting with this adventurous embarkation experience.  😎  So glad you recognize the safety factor in this all.  I hope FTTF will affect your embarkation experience today.  If not, I bet your pleasant attitude pays off if you decide to  infquire about it at guest services.  Either way, ENJOY your cruise.  I'm betting y'all will be even more excited and smiling when you're finally on board.  Have fun!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, niciediva007 said:

Just got a text update from carnival saying the JAX port is closed due to fog. Is this a usual practice? What can i expect? I don’t know much about boating software tech but planes take off in fog. I would expect sonar to kick in.

is there a danger that we have a delay? The weather here is actually pretty awesome today.

I am an airline pilot.  This is only true to an extent. Once the visibility is reduced to a certain level (usually 600 feet, which we refer to runway visual range, at most airports, although it varies based on several things) operations will come to a stop. Landings may continue in lower visibility conditions but that is based on runway specific approach availability and individual aircraft capabilities. In short, there are limitations.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 1

You have a great attitude and I think it is wonderful.  And there will be a crowd going in but I am sure you got on by 730 and got that drink, sat on the balcony and started your wonderful cruise. 

I am thinking about those poor souls on the ship that didnt plan the delay.  I was on one coming back in very late. so many people planned on docking at 7, off ship ntl 10, and hour to the airport , and a hour thru security. So why not take the 1pm flight out?  And there we sat throwing  ropes out at 1130.  So i am sure there were a lot of people pretty angry, and not blaming their plan.  And the sad part is most wont learn a thing.

• Like 1