Specialty dining question

TT1992

Yes you can still order multiples and not get charged. Nothing has changed.

There are still reports of people being told that they can't get multiples with the dining package, and I am still not seeing reports of people actually being charged (even when told that they would be).

The same as it has always been, as far as I see.

27 minutes ago, TT1992 said:

Can we still order multiple appetizers and desserts with the SDP, without extra charge?

Thank you

was on the breakaway last month.

waiters are trained to tell you 2 apps, 1 entree, 1 dessert.

they dont know any better.

it's still unlimited apps and desserts.

i ordered 5 apps and bill was still $0.

There is a limit for those with Platinum perks in the specialty restaurants.  Dinner for two 1 app, 1 entree under $20.00, 1 desert apiece. 1 bottle of wine was also included.

We had our platinum dinner in Cagney's and our waiter explained that this would be our limit.  We were fine with it. 

1 hour ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

There is a limit for those with Platinum perks in the specialty restaurants.  Dinner for two 1 app, 1 entree under $20.00, 1 desert apiece. 1 bottle of wine was also included.

We had our platinum dinner in Cagney's and our waiter explained that this would be our limit.  We were fine with it. 

If you order a $20 entree, can you still get some veggies or do you have to pay for those at Cagney's? Thanks.

I'm talking about the Platinum perk specifically.

59 minutes ago, lakelivin2 said:

If you order a $20 entree, can you still get some veggies or do you have to pay for those at Cagney's? Thanks.

platinum perk at cagneys: think '1' down the line

1 app,entree,dessert, side (aka veggie)

1 hour ago, lakelivin2 said:

I have gone over the $20 a couple of times (and was actually charged for the excess once). However, even when being charged for the excess cost of the entree there was no suggestion that I would be charged for any sides.

19 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes you can. Some waiters will tell you that there is a limit. There is no limit in the terms and conditions for the package, so we ALWAYS order multiple apps and have NEVER been charged regardless of what the waiter claims. 

Exactly. I print everything out and take it with me. I always print the terms and conditions out for the dining package just in case. We've never had to use them, but it annoys me when the waiters tell you one of everything, even though the only limitation is on the entree. The funny thing is that we never order more than one appetizer or dessert, but we may want to some day!

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to learn as much as possible about our transatlantic for April on the Norwegian Epic.  I'm getting conflicting reports about specialty dining.  We have a 5 night specialty dining package included - it was a free offer - our personal rep intimated that all we would need to pay is tips to the wait staff .. yet I'm seeing posts about reduced a la carte prices, flat fees, etc.etc.  I'm attempting to work out our budget.  I've sent in an email but it takes 3 days to get a response apparently.  Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, SilviB said:

I'm trying to learn as much as possible about our transatlantic for April on the Norwegian Epic.  I'm getting conflicting reports about specialty dining.  We have a 5 night specialty dining package included - it was a free offer - our personal rep intimated that all we would need to pay is tips to the wait staff .. yet I'm seeing posts about reduced a la carte prices, flat fees, etc.etc.  I'm attempting to work out our budget.  I've sent in an email but it takes 3 days to get a response apparently.  Thanks in advance.

You paid the tips with your cruise payment. The only extra costs are for the Cirque dinner show or if you want a second entree with your dinner. I don't think the Epic has an extra cost restaurant like Ocean Blue or Bayamo but those have a small surchage which you will see if you book a reservation.

5 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

You paid the tips with your cruise payment. The only extra costs are for the Cirque dinner show or if you want a second entree with your dinner. I don't think the Epic has an extra cost restaurant like Ocean Blue or Bayamo but those have a small surchage which you will see if you book a reservation.

I agree. I can’t think of any restaurants on the Epic which have a surcharge with the SDP, so it is just Cirque.

As you say, by going online and booking (or even just doing a dummy booking) they can check if there is an extra charge to pay and how much that will be.