Ocean Medallion Setup

Ep010835

1 minute ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

How do you order them in advance? I thought you could no longer do that. Does it allow you to bypass the check-in process at the pier?

That is a myth :).  But it can change the procedures at embarkation.  One would still need to go through a Passport or other required document check as well as the normal security stuff.  The truth is that the OM really does nothing more, at embarkation, then a cruise card.  Princess could very easily decide to mail out cruise cards but that does not fit into their agenda of promoting the OM as a marketing gimmick.  Consider that the embarkation process really involves two simple steps.  1.  Present the required ID documents such as a Passport. and 2.  Present a valid credit card :).  The OM does not alter either of those issues.

Hank

1 hour ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

How do you order them in advance? I thought you could no longer do that. Does it allow you to bypass the check-in process at the pier?

You don't order them........

Per your booking......

It all depends on the ship/cabin.

If they are operational and booked far enough out per above Princess will send them out pre cruise.

No you still have to check in.

7 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

You don't order them........

Per your booking......

It all depends on the ship/cabin.

If they are operational and booked far enough out per above they will sent them out pre cruise.

1 hour ago, Ep010835 said:

Our OM devices arrived today. As expected, they appear to be totally passive devices. 

Is there anything we need to do to set them up prior to arriving at the dock on departure day?

We took a chance and downloaded the Ocean Now app and ordered our OM’s this weekend for the 12/2 Regal departure. They will be awaiting at the pier for us. The only other thing we completed for the OM’s is that we download the Ocean Ready app and scanned our passports, uploaded the security photos, etc. We are on Dolphin Deck and if we receive the OM’s, great. If our rooms aren’t OM ready, that’s fine as well.it was still an interesting process.  

Edited by SOCACRUISEGUY
Correction

2 minutes ago, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

We took a chance and downloaded the Ocean Now app and ordered our OM’s this weekend for the 12/2 Regal departure. They will be awaiting at the pier for us. The only other thing we completed for the OM’s is that we download the Ocean Ready app and scanned our passports, uploaded the security photos, etc. We are on Dolphin Deck and if we receive the OM’s, great. If our rooms aren’t OM ready, that’s fine as well.it was still an interesting process.  

Have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

Did the same thing and on the same cruise. Setup was filled with errors. And now with all green check marks it says I’m still not “ocean ready” but no explanation on what to do next. 

Oh well... 🙂

-Andrew

3 minutes ago, arowe6 said:

Did the same thing and on the same cruise. Setup was filled with errors. And now with all green check marks it says I’m still not “ocean ready” but no explanation on what to do next. 

Oh well... 🙂

-Andrew

One of the group I’m traveling with is having the same errors. Not sure why it’s happening. I would suggest contacting Princess. 

1 hour ago, arowe6 said:

Oh well... 🙂

-Andrew

Had the same error when completing the process on my iPad, moved to my computer and re-entered some info and it started working properly. 

9 hours ago, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

So now I am totally confused.  We will be sailing the CB next March.  I have gone to the Ocean website and inputted all my information etc., but it will not accept my booking number for our next cruise.  You state that there is an Ocean Now app that I should also download???  Really confused.  Can someone please tell me what I have to download and the procedure? 

TIA

2 hours ago, lives to cruise said:

So now I am totally confused.  We will be sailing the CB next March.  I have gone to the Ocean website and inputted all my information etc., but it will not accept my booking number for our next cruise.  You state that there is an Ocean Now app that I should also download???  Really confused.  Can someone please tell me what I have to download and the procedure? 

TIA

Good morning. OceanNow™ App is where I ordered my OM. OceanReady is where I enterened my booking and personal information.

We are departing 12/2  on the Regal. Which as we know, is still working through its issues in regards to OM.

I have read on CC that some bookings in the future have had issues with registering for OM. Not sure if it’s a final payment sort of thing. I would contact Princess just to make sure you are set up for your cruise.