Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Ep010835

Ocean Medallion Setup

Recommended Posts

Our OM devices arrived today. As expected, they appear to be totally passive devices. 

Is there anything we need to do to set them up prior to arriving at the dock on departure day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

How do you order them in advance? I thought you could no longer do that. Does it allow you to bypass the check-in process at the pier?

That is a myth :).  But it can change the procedures at embarkation.  One would still need to go through a Passport or other required document check as well as the normal security stuff.  The truth is that the OM really does nothing more, at embarkation, then a cruise card.  Princess could very easily decide to mail out cruise cards but that does not fit into their agenda of promoting the OM as a marketing gimmick.  Consider that the embarkation process really involves two simple steps.  1.  Present the required ID documents such as a Passport. and 2.  Present a valid credit card :).  The OM does not alter either of those issues.

 

Hank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this .... We're want to learn as much as possible about the OM before we'll board our CB cruise in January.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

How do you order them in advance? I thought you could no longer do that. Does it allow you to bypass the check-in process at the pier?

You don't order them........

 

Per your booking......

It all depends on the ship/cabin.

If they are operational and booked far enough out per above Princess will send them out pre cruise.

 

No you still have to check in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

You don't order them........

Per your booking......

It all depends on the ship/cabin.

If they are operational and booked far enough out per above they will sent them out pre cruise.

 

1 hour ago, Ep010835 said:

Our OM devices arrived today. As expected, they appear to be totally passive devices. 

Is there anything we need to do to set them up prior to arriving at the dock on departure day?

We took a chance and downloaded the Ocean Now app and ordered our OM’s this weekend for the 12/2 Regal departure. They will be awaiting at the pier for us. The only other thing we completed for the OM’s is that we download the Ocean Ready app and scanned our passports, uploaded the security photos, etc. We are on Dolphin Deck and if we receive the OM’s, great. If our rooms aren’t OM ready, that’s fine as well.it was still an interesting process.  

Edited by SOCACRUISEGUY
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

 

We took a chance and downloaded the Ocean Now app and ordered our OM’s this weekend for the 12/2 Regal departure. They will be awaiting at the pier for us. The only other thing we completed for the OM’s is that we download the Ocean Ready app and scanned our passports, uploaded the security photos, etc. We are on Dolphin Deck and if we receive the OM’s, great. If our rooms aren’t OM ready, that’s fine as well.it was still an interesting process.  

Have a great cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

 

We took a chance and downloaded the Ocean Now app and ordered our OM’s this weekend for the 12/2 Regal departure. They will be awaiting at the pier for us. The only other thing we completed for the OM’s is that we download the Ocean Ready app and scanned our passports, uploaded the security photos, etc. We are on Dolphin Deck and if we receive the OM’s, great. If our rooms aren’t OM ready, that’s fine as well.it was still an interesting process.  

Did the same thing and on the same cruise. Setup was filled with errors. And now with all green check marks it says I’m still not “ocean ready” but no explanation on what to do next. 

 

Oh well... 🙂

 

-Andrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, arowe6 said:

Did the same thing and on the same cruise. Setup was filled with errors. And now with all green check marks it says I’m still not “ocean ready” but no explanation on what to do next. 

 

Oh well... 🙂

 

-Andrew

One of the group I’m traveling with is having the same errors. Not sure why it’s happening. I would suggest contacting Princess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, arowe6 said:

Did the same thing and on the same cruise. Setup was filled with errors. And now with all green check marks it says I’m still not “ocean ready” but no explanation on what to do next. 

 

Oh well... 🙂

 

-Andrew

Had the same error when completing the process on my iPad, moved to my computer and re-entered some info and it started working properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

 

We took a chance and downloaded the Ocean Now app and ordered our OM’s this weekend for the 12/2 Regal departure. They will be awaiting at the pier for us. The only other thing we completed for the OM’s is that we download the Ocean Ready app and scanned our passports, uploaded the security photos, etc. We are on Dolphin Deck and if we receive the OM’s, great. If our rooms aren’t OM ready, that’s fine as well.it was still an interesting process.  

So now I am totally confused.  We will be sailing the CB next March.  I have gone to the Ocean website and inputted all my information etc., but it will not accept my booking number for our next cruise.  You state that there is an Ocean Now app that I should also download???  Really confused.  Can someone please tell me what I have to download and the procedure? 

 

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lives to cruise said:

So now I am totally confused.  We will be sailing the CB next March.  I have gone to the Ocean website and inputted all my information etc., but it will not accept my booking number for our next cruise.  You state that there is an Ocean Now app that I should also download???  Really confused.  Can someone please tell me what I have to download and the procedure? 

 

TIA

Good morning. OceanNow™ App is where I ordered my OM. OceanReady is where I enterened my booking and personal information.

We are departing 12/2  on the Regal. Which as we know, is still working through its issues in regards to OM.

I have read on CC that some bookings in the future have had issues with registering for OM. Not sure if it’s a final payment sort of thing. I would contact Princess just to make sure you are set up for your cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...