POA - closest luau to port

cruising_kelly

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, waterbugohio said:

We are looking at the Luau Kalamaku in Kauai.

Is anyone familiar with this one??  I think it looks pretty close to the port.  Can anyone confirm??

We could be wrong, but as far as we know, that luau is only offered Tuesday and Friday evenings.  If you will be on the POA, you will be at the Big Island (Hawaii) on Tuesday and at sail back toward Oahu on Friday night.  

19 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

We could be wrong, but as far as we know, that luau is only offered Tuesday and Friday evenings.  If you will be on the POA, you will be at the Big Island (Hawaii) on Tuesday and at sail back toward Oahu on Friday night.  

Wow, thank you very much.  I have read everything about this luau and missed that all together.  Really bummed because I have read that its the best one to go to.  

Now i need to  start looking again!!!

2 hours ago, waterbugohio said:

Wow, thank you very much.  I have read everything about this luau and missed that all together.  Really bummed because I have read that its the best one to go to.  

Don't feel bad.  There are many very well rated Hawaiian and Polynesian themed luaus throughout the islands.  Maui has several excellent choices, by the way, but they are not close to the ship dock here.  Have you googled Trip Advisor for reviews?

On 11/20/2018 at 6:34 AM, Casey2 said:

We went to the Smith's Family Luau in Kauai and really enjoyed it.  You can arrange transportation through them or through Roberts.

We did the same from the POA a few years ago.  It was very enjoyable.  We booked it through Robert's.  We did it as a combination tour with the Fern Grotto and it made for a very relaxing and enjoyable day.  The grounds at the Smith Family Luau are beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 8:08 PM, waterbugohio said:

February - October: 
Mon | Wed | Thu | Fri

The Smith's Family Luau website says they run a luau when cruise ships are in port. Contact them directly for accurate information.