Beach recommendation?

cmapray

Hi, My future husband and I are honeymooning on Carnival in June. We want a relaxing day in St. Martin as we are kind of jam packed with activities most of the other days/ports. But I also do not want to pay $70 for a tour to take us to two beaches with a bunch of other people and my Fiance hates crowds so Orient beach probably isnt the best idea for us. Does anyone have a recommendation of a beach to go to that we won't be crawling over people and that has snorkeling and maybe a bar or lounger? not particularly interesting in clothing optional beaches. and if you know a general cost to get to those beaches from the carnival port for 2 people that would be lovely lol. Thanks in advance!

11 hours ago, cmapray said:

That's not bad at all. I was quoted $35pp. Do you remember what beach that was? 

Perhaps it will be better in 7 months. I definitely hope so anyway. 

Great Bay is the beach I believe she is talking about

Check out Friars Bay. At Friar’s Bay if you tell them you will eat lunch at Friar’s Bay Beach Club they will give you umbrella and chairs for like $4 bucks each (a steal) and food is good. This is one beach where the locals love because it is away from tourists. 

On 11/23/2018 at 5:48 PM, Auburn1998 said:

Check out Friars Bay. At Friar’s Bay if you tell them you will eat lunch at Friar’s Bay Beach Club they will give you umbrella and chairs for like $4 bucks each (a steal) and food is good. This is one beach where the locals love because it is away from tourists. 

Did you rent a car to go to Friars? Too remote for me to chance going there on a regular port day. I would not want to be stuck over there with out a ride to port.

Divi Little Bay Resort, close to port, beautiful beach, rent chairs and umbrella, rebuilt big outside bar with great food and drinks, clean beach, no vendors bugging you, and for now - they have beach service taking food and drink orders from your beach chair. Our second time there, perfect if you just want beach time, swimming, good food and drinks.  About $10pp for two people in a cab one-way.  Stop by Front Street on your way back to shop before going back to the ship.

On 12/3/2018 at 8:09 PM, DeRon said:

Divi Little Bay Resort looks amazing!

We were at Divi Little Bay this past Thursday and it was ok.   The facilities are nice. It was more crowded than I had hoped, but there were 5 ships with 22,000+ passengers in port.

Taxi was $ 12 + tip for 2 each way from the port and took 15-20 minutes each way with traffic.  2 Beach chairs and one umbrella was $ 15. Snorkel equipment was $ 10 for the day. Snorkeling was not great. There were a few fish around the rocks near the pier and rental building. There is a sunken helicopter and submarine a few hundred yards out. I swam there and couldn’t see much due to the murky water. 

The beach service was slow and the service at the restaurant was horrible - it took an hour once we were seated to order and eventually get our food. They seemed to be overwhelmed and understaffed with the amount of people there that day. 

If you want a nice nice beach day, aren’t looking for great snorkeling (and there aren’t 5 ships in port), it is a nice option.

Edited by JT1962
  • Thanks 1