Crown Princess - Onboard Quick Review 11-20-2018

CruisingWalter

14 hours ago, Doug R. said:

One question about your complaint about drinks--were they over/under poured or not mixed correctly?

Most tasted watered down, didn't have much flavor, didn't taste right for the type of drink it was and wildly inconsistent.  Such as the Old Fashioned is one of the worst I've ever tasted at sea.  The Chairman of the Board was good in the Crooners Lounge one night, then terrible the next.  We only have 1 or 2 cocktails per day and really like to enjoy them when we have them.  They were not enjoyable.  Celebrity, NCL and Royal have much better drinks at sea.  It's better to get the premium coffees on Crown Princess than the drinks.  

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:54 PM, capriccio said:

The heated seats are in the Thermal Spa area of the Lotus Spa - not the Sanctuary - on some (most?) of the pre-Royal class Princess ships.  Those in full suites have access to the Thermal Spa as a suite perk while cruise long passes can be bought by other passengers (I don't know the price).  The Royal Class ships don't have a Lotus Spa; rather they have a larger area called the Enclave.  Even full suite passengers have to pay to access it.  For more information about both, see https://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Lotus-Spas-Pamper-Princess-Passengers.html

Thank you!

On 11/26/2018 at 1:33 PM, creativegenius said:

Thank you for the kind comments!   Yes, you DO have to race directly up to the Sanctuary as soon as you are onboard.  Do not pass Go, do not go to your room, do not go to make dining reservations, go directly to the Sanctuary.  The Sea Days especially fill up fast.   You can book by the 1/2 day, by the day or by the cruise.  Most people seemed to book the 3 Sea Days.  We booked the entire week and it was $30/pp per day.  They really do a nice job taking care of you and they are absolutely the most comfortable lounge chairs on the ship.   The fastest way to the Sanctuary is to go all the way forward to the Princess Theater, then take those elevators or stairs all the way up to the Spa.  The Sanctuary is one deck above that.  If you can take the elevator to Deck 16, do that.  

Thanks for the good advice!  I'm sailing on the Crown in early January, and want to spend one of the sea days (my birthday!) at the Sanctuary.  I'll make it my first stop when I board!

On 11/28/2018 at 11:50 AM, Luvs2trvl said:

Did you do excursions in these ports? I don't have anything planned as I'm trying to do a "non-planned" vacation but would love suggestions.

We did a taste of St Kitts food tour in St Kitts (found on Trip Advisor) that had a little walking and the opportunity to try lots of food.  

We did the ships tour to the beach in Barbados, but that can easily be done solo.  We went to Harbor Lights in Carlisle bay.  The beach was amazing, lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas (for rent) and you could buy food and drink there. Outdoor showers to rinse off at too.  Will be doing that on our own next time we are in Barbados  

On 12/2/2018 at 11:13 PM, jennybenny said:

We did a taste of St Kitts food tour in St Kitts (found on Trip Advisor) that had a little walking and the opportunity to try lots of food.  

We did the ships tour to the beach in Barbados, but that can easily be done solo.  We went to Harbor Lights in Carlisle bay.  The beach was amazing, lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas (for rent) and you could buy food and drink there. Outdoor showers to rinse off at too.  Will be doing that on our own next time we are in Barbados  

With that Taste of St. Kitts how was that?  Was it primarily seafoods?    My wife only eats fish and veggies so I was wondering if that's something we should look into next time.   Thanks!

5 hours ago, creativegenius said:

With that Taste of St. Kitts how was that?  Was it primarily seafoods?    My wife only eats fish and veggies so I was wondering if that's something we should look into next time.   Thanks!

Just email them and ask them if it's possible to customize for your likes.  We started off with fish at the first place, but had a variety of foods.  It was a lot.  We also did a nice coffee/tea shop and dessert.  I am sure Laurna and her team will be very accommodating and helpful.  She is very responsive to emails. 

It looks like you had a great cruise! 🙂

Edited by jennybenny

8 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Just email them and ask them if it's possible to customize for your likes.  We started off with fish at the first place, but had a variety of foods.  It was a lot.  We also did a nice coffee/tea shop and dessert.  I am sure Laurna and her team will be very accommodating and helpful.  She is very responsive to emails. 

It looks like you had a great cruise! 🙂

thanks so much!