Oasis in an Aquatheater Suite - quirks and a video

C Dog

Enjoyed an Eastern Caribbean cruise on Oasis of the Seas in a 2 bedroom AquaTheater Suite (10330) November 4th.  This was our 2nd cruise on Royal and 4th overall.  Had a wonderful time.  Highlights in the following video:

A few interesting quirks I haven't seen before:

- The ship stayed on Eastern Standard Time, even after moving into other time zones.  On all of our other cruises, ship time coincided with the local time.  Seemed like it added unnecessary confusion as every announcement in port ended with a reminder that ship time and local time were different.  I've never vacationed somewhere and not observed the local time.

- The master bathroom had a light on that could not be turned off.  Our room steward said it was some safety thing.  The second bathroom didn't have this feature.  It was slightly annoying as light filtered into the room at night, under the door even if it was closed.

- The master shower had very little headroom.  At 6'0 I sometimes encounter shower heads that are too low, but I had to duck significantly to avoid the actual ceiling.

- No life jackets in the room. With children I feel more peace of mind when they are in the room instead of at the muster station.

Great vacation though... can't wait for the next one.

We were in 8330 and loved the balcony and room.  Never had the light problem but will keep that in mind as we have been talking about another Oasis cruise only in an A2 this time.  What a wonderful way to watch the Aqua show.  Know you had a great time.  Hope you had a terrific genie, we had Izzy and then Allen and they were both exceptional.

20 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

We were in 8330 and loved the balcony and room.  Never had the light problem but will keep that in mind as we have been talking about another Oasis cruise only in an A2 this time.  What a wonderful way to watch the Aqua show.  Know you had a great time.  Hope you had a terrific genie, we had Izzy and then Allen and they were both exceptional.

Our genie was Monowar Hossain and he was great.  Seemed to always know when we needed him without being too intrusive.  Perfect amount of attention!