Black Friday Deals 2018

debster11

I logged in to my cruise planner and clicked into the yellow Black Friday Deals shown on the top bar.  It showed the Deluxe Beverage Package for $45.  When I clicked "Add to Cart" the price changed to $52 which is what it had been the day before.  I tried a couple of times, then took a screen shot, and called RC customer service.  I only had to wait 25 minutes and got to speak to a representative.  She said she was looking in my cruise planner and it showed her that it was $52.  I kept insisting that I was seeing $45 and was disappointed RC wouldn't honor it.  She offered to let me speak to her supervisor.  When I spoke to him he looked at my cruise planner and said he didn't see the yellow Black Friday Deals button. He waited while I took a screen shot that included the date and time and emailed it to him.  This what he asked me to do to prove what I was seeing.  After he looked at it he asked someone else about it who said that it says "From $45".  I pointed out that it also said "Price shown reflects your discount".  I told him that any other time I have purchased something from the cruise planner, that was the actual price.  He was puzzled and agreed that the "price shown" statement should mean that was my personal price since I was logged in to the cruise planner for my cruise.  Then he told me they were checking on it.  All of the sudden I got the recording about if I wanted to complete a survey and then it hung up on me.  I immediately emailed him and asked him to call me back and after a few minutes he did. He said they have a different system than what customers have and that they won't honor the price that shows in my system.  He said they are putting in a request to the IT department to fix things. I am very disappointed and I will keep pursuing this.  Especially since I have the email I sent him along with the screen shot showing the date and time.  He gave me a number for the corporate office which is closed until Monday.  305-539-6000.  If anyone knows any other contact information for someone up the food chain, I would appreciate it.

image.thumb.png.7beeb509f0dd22432e960061a84bfcb5.png

I have had great luck with using the Facebook message option.  For my cruise this past June, I had the same situation and I had called a bunch of times with nothing but the 'IT will look into it'.  I sent a message via FB and the person I ended up connecting with (Candy) was like a dog with a bone. It took her something like 4 days to get it resolved, but she'd check in with me at the start and end of her shift with status updates.  Not saying it will work for you, but in my case, I got the deal I had seen that whomever I spoke to on the phone couldn't see.  Like you, I had the screenshots showing the date, etc.  Good luck!  

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Save the aggravation - you likely won't get anywhere. IT issues like this are common, even on cabin prices where there's an error on initial web pages but then the real price is higher.

Agree, happen's. Royal has even know to cancel a reserved cruise if price was posted wrong online, even after a Deposit was placed. Like with most Businesses its all in the fine print, no guarantees when errors are posted. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

Site seems better than it was this morning.  I was trying to book a snorkeling excursion, but it kept taking me to a paddle boarding one instead.  I also sat on hold for an hour before giving up.

This afternoon I was able to book the excursion easily.  Hopefully the hold wait is shorter, as I would like to cancel a beverage package to get the better price.

1 hour ago, kands6191 said:

I logged in to my cruise planner and clicked into the yellow Black Friday Deals shown on the top bar.  It showed the Deluxe Beverage Package for $45.  When I clicked "Add to Cart" the price changed to $52 which is what it had been the day before.  I tried a couple of times, then took a screen shot, and called RC customer service.  I only had to wait 25 minutes and got to speak to a representative.  She said she was looking in my cruise planner and it showed her that it was $52.  I kept insisting that I was seeing $45 and was disappointed RC wouldn't honor it.  She offered to let me speak to her supervisor.  When I spoke to him he looked at my cruise planner and said he didn't see the yellow Black Friday Deals button. He waited while I took a screen shot that included the date and time and emailed it to him.  This what he asked me to do to prove what I was seeing.  After he looked at it he asked someone else about it who said that it says "From $45".  I pointed out that it also said "Price shown reflects your discount".  I told him that any other time I have purchased something from the cruise planner, that was the actual price.  He was puzzled and agreed that the "price shown" statement should mean that was my personal price since I was logged in to the cruise planner for my cruise.  Then he told me they were checking on it.  All of the sudden I got the recording about if I wanted to complete a survey and then it hung up on me.  I immediately emailed him and asked him to call me back and after a few minutes he did. He said they have a different system than what customers have and that they won't honor the price that shows in my system.  He said they are putting in a request to the IT department to fix things. I am very disappointed and I will keep pursuing this.  Especially since I have the email I sent him along with the screen shot showing the date and time.  He gave me a number for the corporate office which is closed until Monday.  305-539-6000.  If anyone knows any other contact information for someone up the food chain, I would appreciate it.

You do realize that is says “from” $45?

5 minutes ago, Beagle Rancher said:

You do realize that is says “from” $45?

Absolutely.  As I said in my post, it also says "Price Shown Reflects Your Discount".  Since I was logged in to my cruise planner, this was the price it was being offered to me for that particular cruise.  

Are you sure that you're not looking at a figure that includes the mandatory service charge? For a booking in June, it showed the beverage package as "from $47." In the cart it priced to $388.22, which is about $55/day, but the total included the $59.92 service charge. The price without the service charge was $329, which was $47/day.

19 minutes ago, Dundee12 said:

Cheller1973 how much did you end up getting drinks package for? I've been looking the past week and ours has gone from £39.50 a day to £37.12. Did you have to phone rci up as I can't see any deals on website?

We got it for £37 and some pence a day. It was £41.08 before so not a huge saving but better in our pocket! I just booked through cruise planner. Just up the road from you in Forfar by the way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kands6191 said:

For the $45/day price, you have to add 18% tips to it. When you add the package to your cart, the tips don't show up separately.

No, I didn't forget about tips.  I just bought a drink package for a different cruise so I am familiar with the screens.  When you click "Add to Cart" the next screen displays the same price (i.e. $45), and you have to select the people in the stateroom who are buying the package.  Then you click "Add to Cart" again and you are taken to where you pay for it and it is at that point that you can see the actual total price that includes tips.  So the place that I am having the issue is after I click "Add to Cart" the first time and I the $45 price changes to $52.  

No deals here.  The Beverage package is the same price as it has been for several days only instead of 25% off each, it's buy one, get one 50% off.  If RCL thinks that is a deal they need to go back to school.  Curiously, I already booked my excursions the last time the price went down but when I checked the prices today, one of them had actually gone up.  Glad I bought when I did.  I don't know if it is specific to our particular sailing or if they just don't like Canadians.

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

I have had great luck with using the Facebook message option.  For my cruise this past June, I had the same situation and I had called a bunch of times with nothing but the 'IT will look into it'.  I sent a message via FB and the person I ended up connecting with (Candy) was like a dog with a bone. It took her something like 4 days to get it resolved, but she'd check in with me at the start and end of her shift with status updates.  Not saying it will work for you, but in my case, I got the deal I had seen that whomever I spoke to on the phone couldn't see.  Like you, I had the screenshots showing the date, etc.  Good luck!  

Thank you for the advice.  I sent a message and got a response that IT is working on the issue and that they will send me an update soon.  FWIW, I work in IT and it sounds like the link didn't get updated properly.  I sympathize with their IT because I know what it's like to scramble to put in a "fix" that people are complaining about after an update.  Fingers crossed that I get the price.

On the phone for just over an hour before speaking to someone.  She was super awesome and I saved $200 on the drink package.  I needed to call because I had to change my guest on my reservation and I added the drink packages while I was on the call.  

Their website failed several times already today.  Typical, I know...