Cruise Critic Community
deec

Pan American Pier East

We were just notified that our cruise out of San Juan will not be from the Pan American Pier East rather than the one close to Old San Juan.  Is there a shutlle that runs from the pier?  if so How often?  How about a ferry? or water taxi.

Thanks for your help

1 hour ago, deec said:

We were just notified that our cruise out of San Juan will not be from the Pan American Pier East rather than the one close to Old San Juan.  Is there a shutlle that runs from the pier?  if so How often?  How about a ferry? or water taxi.

Thanks for your help

The only transportation I've ever seen  to or from Pan American Pier is taxi or Uber. (other than cruise line transfers to and from the airport)

Edited by njhorseman

So you're cruising out of the Old Town pier ? That's easy to get to based on where you're coming from by taxi. Sorry having a bit of trouble on your wording and may possibly misunderstand... If you're in fact cruising from the Pan American pier then I agree with the above post.

Sorry deec.  I too am having trouble figuring out what you are asking.  If you are asking about transportation from the Pan Am pier to OSJ, then you take either a taxi or Uber.  For transportation from the airport you can take cruise line transportation or a taxi to either pier.  Taxis are regulated and you will know the fare before you leave the airport.  No need for a ferry or water taxi unless you decide to go to the Bacardi factory.  Does this answer your question?

Sorry, I was NOT clear and you all were very helpful!!  We are NOW sailing from the Pan American pier rather than the one in Old San Juan.  Disappointing but rumor has it that Viking will provide shuttles into Old Town.

Edited by deec