22 November 2018 Thursday Weigh-in

FlatlandDave

Thanks for starting the thread Dave!

I was down more yesterday, but I had pizza with bacon on it last night for dinner (I didn't over eat), but the salt didn't help and I weighed myself way too early this morning.  I am down a total of 1# for the week ... slow going, but still happy that it is a loss.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.  Jan

• Like 1

HI all!

Dave ~ I know where that 1.8 lbs went, lol!! Not a bad gain for a 2 week cruise I think!

I had a lovely time on the Bliss Panama Canal cruise. I ate pretty much what I wanted, took the stairs but mostly down & only drank the one free bottle of wine I got, during the whole time. The weather was HOT so that may have helped keep the gain down too.

Jan ~ nice going losing a pound!👍

Happy Thanksgiving!🦃 We in North America have so much to be thankful for!

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Dave, thanks for the thread. Congrats on the loss. That's great for this time of year. 

I stayed the same. Not surprised with company last week and being away for 5 days escaping the fire smoke. Just happy I didn't gain.

Jan, good loss for you. You seem more positive these days. Excellent!

Jo, welcome back. Glad you had fun on the Bliss. I don't know about a ship that big for me. Maybe some day. Not a bad gain for 2 weeks. 

Have a nice holiday.

Diana

Happy Thanksgiving! It sounds as though most had successful weeks, whether that meant a loss or a not too bad gain 😉. Congratulations. 

I was down 2.6 for the week today. I am pleased with that! I worked extra hard on having a solid loss now because I plan on enjoying the turkey dinner and all the extras, plus leftovers through the weekend. I want a dang turkey sammich on regular bread with mayo for breakfast tomorrow! 

I had some stress eating/meals away from home last weekend, my 80 year old father was in ICU for a problem caused by his medications. He's home and MUCH improved now. 

Good wishes to all for a wonderful day if you observe Thanksgiving and a successful week. 

Michelle 

Edited by Shellbelle28
  • Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Hope everyone has a great day. Nice loss's this week.

Shellbelle glad your father is better.

Welcome back Jo

Diana you did good

Jan pizza is so good

Dave thanks for starting the post

Still on cruise trying not to eat or drink to much but don't know if winning!:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

Me and the scale aren't on speaking terms right now... 😠

Just no discipline with eating, but at least the gym is feeling good - not enough cardio to offset the calories, but working out is something I didn't realize I missed so much. 

I smoked a turkey for the family- they're either great actors or it was pretty good. 

This morning is "Daddy Day Care" at the cigar joint - I may or may not have had a bloody mary with my cigar... 

Sorry to be a downer - but I know you all understand. Have a great weekend. 

IMG_20181122_132957-01.jpeg

IMG_20181122_145548-02.jpeg

• Like 1

We all expected yesterday to be challenging and it was. But that's OK! We won't give up over it, right? Just get back on the plan and keep going!

Remember, it's making a HABIT of eating too much that got us where we are, not the occasional holiday splurge. 

I pretty much fasted until dinner yesterday, had a few nuts but that was it. I know it's a bad practice but I did it. I lost about a half pound. Still haven't had my turkey sammich, but I'm looking forward to it!

Tonight is a "Friendsgiving" potluck. THAT will be my struggle. Too many choices, few good ones. We're bringing ham so at least it won't all be sweets, chips and cowboy beans. 

I decided I did not want to weigh myself this morning (just in case)  

I didn't do too bad yesterday, although I did have a few olives, pickles and stuffed celery.  I had very little dinner except for boiled onions (they only have 40 calories for 3 1/2 oz) ... I'm sure I didn't have that much.  My middle child/wife & son were at his in-laws for dinner - but my other two and SO's were there and my SIL's mom.  I just enjoyed watching everyone talking and having a good time.  That is what makes Thanksgiving!

I did try a new recipe ... and I think I had two pieces.  Puff pastry shells that the middle has been hollowed out (after cooking) ... then add about 2" brie and my MIL's home made Maine wild blueberry sauce ... heat until bubbly ... it was absolutely amazing .. I am keeping that recipe to have again. (also made a cranberry/orange sauce which was good ... but not great)

Sounds like everyone enjoyed the holiday ... we such did!

PS - Diana - liked your post - yes I am much more positive - my meds are changed, my heart is perfect, and my mammogram came back wife no problems.  Life is Good! 

• Like 1

Happy Monday everyone!

I had a great visit with my husband's parents, and was too busy to get on the computer.  I did remember to get on the scales Thursday morning: 0.4 # gain from the travel weekend.  I suspect this weekend wasn't good either with the various foods, but my Fitbit is working again and I am noticing I'm getting more steps in than I used to.

Thanks for starting the thread Dave - nice losses for you and Jan 🙂 

Welcome home Jo!

Michelle, congrats on your loss too.  I'm so glad your dad is doing better.

Belle, enjoy the rest of your cruise.

You look so happy and healthy in your picture, Shootr.  Based on my memory of previous pictures I do think you are trimming down.  Your kitchen is lovely and the turkey looked great.  Hope you are in better spirits soon. 

We've had rain almost every day for the last 2 months.  I'm trying not to let it get me down but the damp sogginess is really getting old 😞 

• Like 1