Harmony & Me Live - Eastern 11/25 to 12/2

h20skibum

So after our three experts huddle around their two terminals, they determine they need to set up something like a new booking for me, so I can join Susan in the cabin. 

I have to go through the whole thing with setting up emergency contact numbers, credit card info, new photo, etc.  Then they try to figure out how to print me a sea pass card, since obviously there will not be one in the room for me. 

They print a new set sail pass and hand me my sea pass card.  So after an hour, we are on our way aboard the ship.  

I guess the good thing was, we didn’t have to wait to board, because, by now, everyone was boarding.  

So off to the Solarium Bistro for a light boarding day lunch, but the saga would continue. 

BA1DC33A-6017-44F4-BC04-A0B860A174D1.jpeg

While eating lunch, it looks like a good time to fire up the Royal IQ to check on my schedule and account.  Except, when I try to log in with my name and cabin number, it can’t find me. 

Susan logs in to hers with no problem, but I am nowhere to be found. Hers also shows linked reservations with our friends, so now instead of part of a foursome, she is part of a threesome.  

She says “No, not that kind of threesome!!!”

i say “I better get to guest services to see why I am not part of the group, and to see what else they have screwed up. “

So I stand in line at guest services and show them the Royal IQ app, and the sea pass card they spent so much time printing before I could board. 

Them “Very strange, we can’t seem to find you. “

Then they take take another look at the sea pass card, and they had put in a disembark date for my boarding day. 

6BB0F198-61D2-44E8-9412-F227707A9C62.jpeg

It it was such a plain card. No status of any kind, no dining, etc. 

Edited by h20skibum

I must admit, Jennifer at guest services was very helpful.  She said they needed to create a new account, and sub-account for Both of us.  New cards (plain without the Royal Suite logos on them) were printed.  I am told that we should use these, and Susan could not use the card in the cabin. (For the record, I don’t like being sub-anything)

So, by now, it is past time that all the cabins are open.  We head to the cabin, and thankfully, our suitcases were there already.  I had visions they would have taken my bag off the ship if they saw I should have debarked.  

The Jr. Suite was very nice, so here are a few photos. (Don’t worry, the bad luck saga continues, just when you thought it was safe to come out of the cabin).

ok, so maybe no photos till later.  This Mobile version has been bad. Have to log in over and over, and it is hit or miss if photos upload. Maybe it is because VOOM keeps dropping the connection.  Or maybe Royal knows I am posting about this experience 

After leaving the cabin, it is almost time for muster drill.  We hope to get at least a little fun in before sail away, so we head to the Ultimate Abyss. 

“Sorry, we have to close now for muster drill.”

So a few more photos for now. 

The Abyss rules

C5FF7688-D57B-4314-88C0-6D0DCFE9BF0D.jpeg

Muster drill

EAB50B39-6598-4A2D-AB3E-8FCD496C3A30.jpeg

The new Edge was in port for the media, and it was hidden by a HAL ship. 

50B1D761-22ED-446B-85F5-CB0695A08095.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum

14 hours ago, mrpayroll said:

Hope you enjoy Harmony as much as we did recently.

Thank you for following.  I was beginning to think no one was out there. We are starting to get some enjoyment. But now, back to the story. 

The plan after muster drill was to visit the Loyalty Ambassador to see if we could find one person who would take care of getting our wow bands corrected and other continuing issues taken care of. 

The Ambassador’s hours started at 4, and when we got there, there were already three other couples in line. She finally arrived at 4:15, and after waiting to speak with her, she says. “There is nothing I can do for you.  You will have to go to guest services.”  Not interested in our names, or cabin number. No, yes, I will have someone take charge and correct the monumental screwup you have endured.  

Just “Go stand in that line. “

C7F2E635-35F2-4F1F-B649-85C77EF0D9BC.jpeg

2 hours ago, ramja96 said:

I'm sailing this same itinerary next week on Allure - we board SUNDAY!!

It is a good itinerary. We have been to all before.  Can’t wat to make our first port. 

1 hour ago, EeyoreRN said:

Hello, I'm following! 

Great review and pictures, and I appreciate your taking the time to post. So ridiculous about your check-in woes!  Sorry that happened to you!

Things are slowly getting better. Will try to get caught up.  Now I know how much effort a live takes, and I appreciate the efforts of those I have followed. 

1 hour ago, sisocialworker said:

thanks for sharing..out turn in 15 days

Hope you have better check in luck than we did.  We will be sailing again about 20 +/- days after you, but on the Indy then. 

41 minutes ago, vanelli56 said:

Keep up the great review!

Thanks. Will try to catch up. 

We had our dining set for early traditional. Earlier, we were on Mytime, but we were waitlisted for early.  Our experience with Mytime on the other Oasis class ships was less than desirable. We always felt rushed, and the waiters were always rushed. 

Just prior to the cruise, we got an email from royal, saying our Mytime dining had been canceled. No mention that we got our early traditional. So, I email Royal, and ask if we did get early traditional, because the email did not specify. 

Two days later, they respond that they can not tell me, because we used a TA.  

So I email theTA, and they say they will check.  They contact Royal, and get back with “yes, we now have early traditional.”

it it would have been so easy for Royal to just say YES in their email to me, instead of waisting everyone’s time. 

So so glad we did get this, because our waiter Rico, has been great.  

My my go to meal for first night is always the prime rib. 

84AC253B-E183-4E3F-9EF7-B771CA35EA55.jpeg

With a little time after dinner, and before the show, I went to the excursion desk to see why our zip line time for Labadee is set for 8:00, when we booked 10, and we don’t make port until 9:30. 

“Sorry, we don’t seem to have you listed”

So I pull up the confirmation email for the droid they asked for. 

“Hmm, very strange. We do have Susan”

Me “Strange doesn’t even begin to describe my day”

They book me in the last available slot, so I can at least be where I am supposed to be while they sort it out.  

Then it was off to soo Grease. One of the best shows we have seen, especially on the Oasis class ships. I needed some entertainment to relax from the days events. 

A612122F-0532-41D4-83AD-9AF3B7A8835D.jpeg

After the show, let’s check the account on Royal IQ.  Ok, they have drinks listed.  And they have a gratuity listed for me for our first day.  None For Susan, because we had prepaid grays for this trip. 

I guess since they graciously let me move in, they thought the least they could do was let me pay again. 

Guess SS there is one more thing for guest services to work out when I get there early in the morning.  And with that, it was time to relax from my really bad day.  

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has experienced anything similar, or worse.  If we include all our other cruise line sea days, we are approaching 200, and this day ranked as the worst, as far as trying to get their screwups fixed.  

27 minutes ago, cruisinfromtampa said:

The whole situation just seems bizarre.  Curious to see what else you discover on the road to getting it corrected, and what they do for you about it, if anything.

It's just a shame to start out with a nageative.  Only up to go though!

I am keeping that thought.  The only thing now, will be keeping our cruise points straight.  I may have to visit the Loyalty Ambassador the last day to have her check my points. Hope to get a better response from her this time. At least I will have the same as Susan, if they have me sailing this cruise. 

They didn’t get my January cruise added to my past cruises when they went thru their website update, but they did get the one from March. 

Up bright and early the first sea day tiger some exercise in on the track.  First stop, though, is guest services. Talked to them about the wow bands issue, the shore excursion issues, and now the gratuity issue.  

One thing i have always done, is to have access to copies of everything cruise related, because they always want proof of things. 

I pulled up our cruise docs which show we had prepaid grats. At this point, they were not even showing the same booking number for us. That’s why I feel I will need to keep an eye on this.  

Alexandra and Gavin were both looking into getting the grats issue taken care of, and they made sure all our shows and excursions were now showing on our folio. New wow bands were issued. We would just have to wait until people in their fiscal department were in for the day to correct the grats. 

I can’t stress enough that you need to have proof of everything, because we certainly needed It. 

From all all my running on boarding day

9496549B-69E5-4C8C-BC64-0865C5B1B460.jpeg

I am enjoying your review as we will be on Harmony in January.  I can't believe all the problems you have had.  I'd not be a happy camper to say the least, but you seem to be quite patient.  

If you have time will you please post the Jamie's menu?  I am concerned as another live review, but from Symphony shows there is no longer steak included in the cover charge.  It is an upsell of $15.  We had planned to eat there a couple of times during our cruise and it appears the menu is mostly pasta and seafood.  I did see a couple of other options, but my sister, who is traveling with me on this cruise doesn't eat lamb, mushrooms, seafood etc.  

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Just catching up.  Wow. That is crazy and the semi-OCD part of me would go batty with having all that business come unraveled and have their records a mess.  Now you have me worried to see if I have proof that I paid for my drink package already.  I need to go download proof, just in case.  I'm hoping by now they have figured that stuff out?   Glad you left to go have fun vs. standing in that super long line.

2 hours ago, katiel53 said:

If you have time will you please post the Jamie's menu? 

Will check it out, but it will not be until we get back from port tomorrow. 

57 minutes ago, MaiseyM said:

Just catching up.  Wow. That is crazy and the semi-OCD part of me would go batty with having all that business come unraveled and have their records a mess.  Now you have me worried to see if I have proof that I paid for my drink package already.  I need to go download proof, just in case.  I'm hoping by now they have figured that stuff out?   Glad you left to go have fun vs. standing in that super long line.

I have always had it, just Incase. 

• Like 1

The first sea day was just for relaxing, and doing activities.  I can’t believe how few photos I took. Maybe it is because it is so similar to Oasis and Allure.  

We all did the zip line in the morning as soon as it opened. First in line for the short ride, then some ping pong on the sports deck. 

Out of all the cruises we have been on, this would be the first time we went to the dining room for lunch. We did the buffet side, and it is a much nicer layout than windjammer. I would recommend trying it, because it doesn’t take any longer. 

One of the few daytime photos I took. 

D905E2C7-195E-43F7-A51B-303D763DC2D2.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum