Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cloudydrms

Ti Kaye Resort Day Pass?

Recommended Posts

I'm curious if anyone has ever done a Ti Kaye Resort Day Pass through Serenity.  Just wondering if it's on a nice beach and what kind of amenities are included.  Thanks!

 

Cindy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2018 at 6:11 PM, cloudydrms said:

I'm curious if anyone has ever done a Ti Kaye Resort Day Pass through Serenity.  Just wondering if it's on a nice beach and what kind of amenities are included.  Thanks!

 

Cindy

Surely details are at their website? 

You can also book directly with Ti Kaye - and the details of what's included, cost, etc is most definitely on their website..

It's a nice beach,  but be prepared for a steep walk down the stairs to the actual beach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Surely details are at their website? 

You can also book directly with Ti Kaye - and the details of what's included, cost, etc is most definitely on their website..

It's a nice beach,  but be prepared for a steep walk down the stairs to the actual beach. 

Yes, the details about the day pass are listed right on their website, but I was looking to see if someone had actually done it or maybe even recommended a different place instead.   I saw the steep steps.  Also the beach itself doesn't look too wide.

 

Interesting, but I kind of thought this whole forum was about asking questions and getting opinions.  Hmmmm.

 

Cindy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cloudydrms said:

Yes, the details about the day pass are listed right on their website, but I was looking to see if someone had actually done it or maybe even recommended a different place instead.   I saw the steep steps.  Also the beach itself doesn't look too wide.

 

Interesting, but I kind of thought this whole forum was about asking questions and getting opinions.  Hmmmm.

 

Cindy

 

It is - obviously.  And as you actually had the info, I'm a bit baffled by the question then. There's not anything extra incuded that isn't listed.  You've seen photos of the beach. It's a top beach for snorkeling and diving. It's a Cove, so small and fairly narrow. It's quite picturesque.  It's a lovely day. Any additional food and drink is expensive.  Be prepared for a bumpy ride in, takes around 40 or so minutes from port.

Without knowing what you're actually looking for, tough to suggest possible other spots.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

It is - obviously.  And as you actually had the info, I'm a bit baffled by the question then. There's not anything extra incuded that isn't listed.  You've seen photos of the beach. It's a top beach for snorkeling and diving. It's a Cove, so small and fairly narrow. It's quite picturesque.  It's a lovely day. Any additional food and drink is expensive.  Be prepared for a bumpy ride in, takes around 40 or so minutes from port.

Without knowing what you're actually looking for, tough to suggest possible other spots.  

Reedprincess,

 

You are a wealth of knowledge on this forum and I've truly enjoyed reading many of your posts (and will continue to) on the St. Lucia forum.  That said, you come across as a bit rude sometimes.  I know that you spend a lot of time of here and, as I've already said, it is appreciated by many people, but just because you know all of the answers doesn't mean you need to be mean when answering other people.  In the end I was just looking for some personal experiences like "Yeah, it was great.  We loved the food!"  or "Nah!  Great place but I'd much rather go to XYZ."  Instead what I've received from you is pretty negative.  You're analyzing my actual question with a fine tooth comb and criticizing the way I've worded it.  Oh, and then you go on to answer it.  I guess I should be happy about that?  Frankly, it's a little upsetting which is the only reason I'm responding this way.  (I never call people out on boards like this.)  

 

I guess I should have specifically said, "Anyone have any personal experiences they can relate about Ti Kaye" instead of whatever it is I wrote.  Sorry to have offended you.  Frankly, if you don't understand the question (which you clearly didn't) or think that it's an idiotic question (which you clearly did) then don't respond.  That's generally what I do.

 

Once again, thanks for your wealth of knowledge, but use it wisely.

Cindy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize if you were offended. You asked foe details on the day pass, then confirmed rat yes you already had them. Hence my puzzlement. 

It's a great small beach. The day pass is a decent deal - better than DIY.

As yiu haven't reallt noted what you're looking for, it's tough to offer other alternatives. 

If all you w a nt is a pretty beach with drinks and lunch, Vigie is a much less expensive option, much closer to the ship and a much larger beach area.  Reduit provides another typical beach experience, with chairs, umbrellas, beach restaurants,  watersports for hire..

Ti Kaye 

's day pass isn't actually a resort day pass in the sense that you have the run of rhe resort - it's not an AI, nor is it set up for that type of experience. 

If you're looking for a resort experience,  Royalton, Sandals, Rendezvous,  etc are much better options.. Although a few are adult only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, reedprincess, I don't see on Ti Kaye's website any thing about " Be prepared for a bumpy ride in," and THAT's the sort of info I look for on these boards, which is beyond what I can find from a commercial vendor. The vendor is not going to promote such things! How else might a person find that out? I have gotten very valuable info from other cruisers NOT on the vendor's website such as: the pool is closed for renovation, or the beach was washed away in the hurricane, or the reef is now closed due to danger of rolling logs (all CURRENT situations on various islands). And that is exactly why I visit these boards: to SUPPLEMENT, via people's own personal experiences, what I may find elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to get a day pass here but read too many trip advisor reports that steered me away. It's why I always read people's reports on trip and here. Some I take with a grain of salt but usually they're accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks reedprincess.  In the end, I haven't completely decided, but I'm leaning heavily towards just heading over to Vigie beach for the day.  It looks absolutely gorgeous and is much cheaper!

 

Cindy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...